BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
Tool
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Unable to accept Appointments - Meeting requests no problem.

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone seen this happen? Meeting requests sent to a user come through with no problem, but Appointment requests come through only as a message and can't be accepted. The only option for appointments is to reply. It will show up on the calendar as a new meeting fine, but why wouldn't it have the 'accept' option? I should note, that periodically, even the meeting request 'accept' messages tend to hang and get the red x the first time, but subsiquent send tries normally work. This is only for one person out of a few hundred. I've fixed many of these problems re-sending service books or re-activating, but this one has the same problem no matter what I do.

Env. is BES 4.1.5 - msde
Exch. 2003 SP5
Device is 8830/verizon (red)

I've deleted the service books and resent them.
I've gone through EA numerous times.
CDO and mapi dll's match and are recent (not older versions).
wiped device and re-activated.

Next is upgrading the device os to the latest version, but I wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar problem...this one is driving me crazy. I've never seen one device so stubborn. Luckily, the owner of the device is a nice person. Some of my users would not be so patient and allow me to go through all the steps I've tried.

My searches found plenty of suggestions of things I've tried or already checked, but never this particular problem...why would it only be Appointments and not Meeting Requests?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24B4032B
Carrier: T-Mobile
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
Appointment requests come through only as a message and can't be accepted.
Hey Tool...

Did you ever find a fix for this? Since I upgraded my 8320 to 4.5.0.55 and the wifes 8100 to 4.5.0.81, neither of us have been able to view or accept any meeting or calendar events. The message that is sent only shows up as a blank email with no accept or decline option anymore.

Curious if you figured it out...

Sorry - just realized I put this in the BES section. Disregard.

Last edited by Gkins3; 08-27-2008 at 12:03 AM..
Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Swisscom

In Outlook, you can create "Appointments" (they just appear in your own calendar) and "Meetings" (you can invite other people). So I wonder how you could send an appointment to somebody?

As soon as I invite somebody in Outlook, my "Appointment" turns to a "Meeting" and the meetings requests are sent out.

Anyhow, one of my users has the problem (on a Bold) that he can't accept meeting requests (only some). The possibility to accept just doesn't appear in the menu.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Brendan42
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: If I had a choice, a man-bag like Jack on Day-6.

Have you looked in the Mailbox owner's Outlook. Go to Tools -> Option -> Delegates and play around with the tickboxes in there, as well as the Properties window for each delegate. Vaguely remember a similar situation and the user had the "Send Copies to delegates" ticked, or unticked, can't remember which.
Hope this helps in some contorted way.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
ondafly

Model: 8310
Carrier: vodafone

Hi - I'm having the same issue with a number of my users. The receive the meeting requests, but it appears just like a normal email, with no option to accept etc in the menu.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
Tool
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I was actually able to reproduce this quite a few times, but have not found a fix for it. So far, the only way I see to avoid it is to train the individuals that actually create the meetings and more importantly, how they invite people. I was always able to accept it when a meeting request was created, but for appointments where I chose to 'Add Others', that's when the problem occurred.

The way to duplicate it is to follow these steps - Right click on day in Calendar - Create appointment or re-occurring appointment - scheduling tab - Click the 'Add Others' button - Select name from the Global Address List - Send Invite. The recipient of that invitation should not be able to 'Accept' on the Blackberry and can only reply.

I think it is important to note that 'Meeting Requests' seemed to act fine. I've basically instructed all my users to create meeting requests from now on, instead of double-clicking or right clicking and creating an appointment at a particular time-slot.

Obviously, this isn't a fix, but it's at least identified. If anyone knows of a solution, please let me know! Oh, I was also able to re-create these steps in both Outlook 2002 and 2003.