BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
HKP7M13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: VZW
Default How is your local store handling the release?

Please Login to Remove!

Went to two corp stores today. One is taking appointments to allow you to show up at 7am Friday morning. They won't guarantee you a storm but you will be let in and then it's first come first served, they said they're getting 20 units and making 50 appointments. The other store is opening at 8am; first come first served, 20-30 units.

I did pick up a holster and belt pouch. It did not look like they had the accessories to match the quantity of Storms they'll be getting.

My question: Will you be able to order via telesales on Thursday for release date delivery?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Bugg77
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

The three local stores that I've called are all first come, first severed. None of them could say how many Storms the are getting.

I'm hoping to get it through vzw.com on Thursday, but my guess is that it won't be up there until Friday.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
HKP7M13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

I called CS and was told I wouldn't be able to order from them until Friday. He stated no Saturday delivery. Looks like I'll be up early Friday, back up plan will be to order it if they're out of stock. One store did say they could order it for me with Saturday delivery if they run out.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

CS is supposed to call me on Friday and have it next day for Saturday delivery. I was told to just make sure saturday delivery is available in my area which it is.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
jnyost
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550

My guy said he'll sell me one Thursday evening. We'll see if that will fly.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Went to Best Buy on Sunday to check it out, since it was in their flier in the paper. The way they're handling it is by having an empty display stand, no devices on hand, and telling people that they should come back in 5 days - they'll have them at that time... All in all, amateurish
Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
papageno19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOR View Post
Went to Best Buy on Sunday to check it out, since it was in their flier in the paper. The way they're handling it is by having an empty display stand, no devices on hand, and telling people that they should come back in 5 days - they'll have them at that time... All in all, amateurish
Yeah Best Buy published their ad before the release date got pushed back to the 21. Hopefully they're making some last minute improvements due to feedback from Vodafone users. It's really not their fault though that they can't sell them.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
marg5

I called my local Verizon store yesterday after seeing this post and the store is opening at 7am (oh great) and he doesn't even know the quantity they'll be receiving yet. He said he has a few customers that he's been keeping updated with news and really doesn't know whether they'll be getting 2 or 3 Storms or 50 Storms. The only advice he gave was that if you really want the Storm, you'll be at the store before 7am.

Sorry, that wasn't much help.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by papageno19 View Post
Yeah Best Buy published their ad before the release date got pushed back to the 21. Hopefully they're making some last minute improvements due to feedback from Vodafone users. It's really not their fault though that they can't sell them.
Didn't know about the release date being pushed back. They should have instructed their salespeople to tell customers this. Otherwise it looks like their gaffe and not someone else's.

Guess I'll be stopping in 7 days later as opposed to 5
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
drakkenkorin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just got a phone call from my local Verizon store.

They will be opening one hour earlier for those who are on their "Guest List" (which I am on).

They will also be setting a Storm aside for everyone on their "Guest List" for one hour before they "officially" open.

So as long as I show up before 10:00AM, I have a Storm reserved in my name.

I told him I'd be there with bells on.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
Tifosi

Model: 8830

As with all information regarding this product release from VZW, there is no real consistency. I was originally called last week and told that I was on a waiting list and was virtually guaranteed to get a phone because I was #12 on the list. I called again today to see what the update is and the list does nothing for me. They open at 7am on Friday and it is first come, first served.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #12
Nahmeanz

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

The rep from my local store put me on their list last week. She just called me to take all my information and set up my account. She took all basic information, ss#, driver's license #, #'s that I'm porting from AT&T, what plans I wanted, etc. She said that they're allocating their stock between the reps in the store and she wanted to get me all set up so when I come Friday morning I can just pay for them and pick it up.

Last edited by Nahmeanz; 11-19-2008 at 03:16 PM..
Old 11-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #13
drakkenkorin
Thumbs Must Hurt

That's pretty much what the rep I spoke to did - with the exception of the plan I want, I have a few questions for him on Friday morning.

Granted - he could have just been saying that and it may turn out like Tifosi said - but if it does, make sure you watch the news cuz there is gonna be some drama in a Verizon store in San Antonio, TX.

They don't know me, I fight dirty - if its not nailed down or held down - I'm using it as a weapon - a phone, a bag, a stroller, a baby - whatever. . . :p
Old 11-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: verizon

dayton ohio, 9am first come first serve
Old 11-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #15
Demon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 304fcd63

Unless you have a rep holding one specifically for you, held outside of the inventory rooms, it is first come first served.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #16
tommyticketguy

Called the two Corp Stores most local to me (Central New Jersey) and one said they open at 10am while the other said 8am. Both said it is first come first served. One store said they expect to get 60-80 units and they should sell out before lunch. The other store had no idea regarding the number of units they will receive.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #17
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

I spoke to a Verizon C.R. and she told me that she recently received training on the Storm and was very impressed and didn't find any flaws. Maybe they're supposed to say that?

Anyway, my local store in College Park, Maryland will open at 9am at a first come first serve basis as well. The initial C.R. I spoke to also told me that people should be able to order the Storm from the Verizon site at midnight tonight. She also mentioned that FREE overnight shipping will be available for Saturday home delivery!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #18
correia
Thumbs Must Hurt

My local VZW store CR also said that if you go into the store and they have sold out that you can pay for it and it would be delivered to your home on Saturday with no extra charge. I found this hard to believe but we shall see tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #19
DawnGP143

Model: 8330

Just came from my local store. I went specifically to see if they had a display unit, and to check on accessories they had. Good thing I did. First of all, I asked about a dummy unit and was told that they did have one, but could not show it to me. Whatever. I asked about accessories, and he brought out one of everything they had in stock...which wasn't much:

Standard Blackberry OEM black leather phone sleeve (Which I did purchase) $19.99
Black & white horizontal pouch with belt clip (Which I did NOT purchase) (unk price)
Display Protectors (Which I did purchase) $9.99
Desktop Charging Pod (Which I did purchase) $29.99

I did receive my 25% state government discount on my purchase....BUT.....

As the rep rang up my purchase, he informed me that they had only received 5 Display Protectors and 3 Charging Pods. He looked at me and said "You're a smart woman...we won't have these within 30 minutes of opening tomorrow morning."

Thought I might give you all a heads up if you were planning on purchasing accessories and haven't already done so.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" Matt.: 5:9

Old 11-20-2008, 04:22 PM   #20
user242
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnGP143 View Post
Just came from my local store. I went specifically to see if they had a display unit, and to check on accessories they had. Good thing I did. First of all, I asked about a dummy unit and was told that they did have one, but could not show it to me. Whatever. I asked about accessories, and he brought out one of everything they had in stock...which wasn't much:

Standard Blackberry OEM black leather phone sleeve (Which I did purchase) $19.99
Black & white horizontal pouch with belt clip (Which I did NOT purchase) (unk price)
Display Protectors (Which I did purchase) $9.99
Desktop Charging Pod (Which I did purchase) $29.99

I did receive my 25% state government discount on my purchase....BUT.....

As the rep rang up my purchase, he informed me that they had only received 5 Display Protectors and 3 Charging Pods. He looked at me and said "You're a smart woman...we won't have these within 30 minutes of opening tomorrow morning."

Thought I might give you all a heads up if you were planning on purchasing accessories and haven't already done so.
That's exactly what I plan on doing too!
Closed Thread