BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
alan2938
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default How do I disable calendar synchronization for just one user?

Please Login to Remove!

One user in my organization checks an email account tied to a shared computer from his Blackberry, but he uses his Blackberry for personal use as well and doesn't want his personal contacts, calendar, tasks, etc showing up on the shared computer.

I was able to disable synchronization of tasks, memos, and contacts from the PIM SYNC section of the user's settings, but I can't figure out how to disable synchronization with the calendar.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
alan2938

Nevermind, figured it out... made a copy of the default IT policy, found the option to disable all wireless sync (which does not include email messages) and assigned it to the user.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
Ahmad Abbadi

Model: 8310
Carrier: Etisalat

To keep the Wireless Synchronization option for the Calendar set to OFF, complete the following steps:

1. Create an IT policy on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and set the Disable Wireless Calendar Sync option to True.
2. On the BlackBerry device, set the Wireless Synchronization option for the Calendar to OFF.
3. Wait ten minutes for the Wireless Synchronization option to synchronize with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, or until the Calendar Enabled option for the affected BlackBerry device user is set to False in BlackBerry Manager.
4. Assign the newly created IT policy to the BlackBerry device user on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server through BlackBerry Manager.
5. After the IT policy has been applied to the BlackBerry device, the Wireless Synchronization option for the calendar should remain set to OFF.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:38 AM   #4
Kul
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
Carrier: Vodafone (UK)

very strange behaviour, I normally did this when we had BES 4.0.7 now that we upgraded to 4.1.5. If we use the process you mention, the device indicates its set to OFF, but the Blackberry Manager continues to show Enabled.

Also another strange thing i found is, if you had a wireless calendar set to disabled (set through Device and desktop Manager to use wired sync), after a reboot of the server, this status reverts back and the calendar gets enabled again.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
alan2938

Kul, see my entry two posts above. I think I was writing that when Ahmad was writing his.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
simone

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmobile

alan, when you mention that disabled all wireless sync which does not include mail, does it include contacts as well?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
TargetIT
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan2938 View Post
One user in my organization checks an email account tied to a shared computer from his Blackberry, but he uses his Blackberry for personal use as well and doesn't want his personal contacts, calendar, tasks, etc showing up on the shared computer.

I was able to disable synchronization of tasks, memos, and contacts from the PIM SYNC section of the user's settings, but I can't figure out how to disable synchronization with the calendar.
I think a better approach for the calendar anyway is to simply use the other calendars that the newest OS provides - one for each BIS account and one for the BES account.

This assumes you allow BIS accounts though ;)
Old 10-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
alan2938

Thanks guys. I got it working with a specific IT policy back in May.
Closed Thread