Old 10-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #1
patbig

Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sfr
Unhappy Memory issue

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I recently added music to my phone memory. Apparently, I ran low so I had to erase the unused languages.

I would like to know in which memory the BB stores data, like music, by default?

Is there a difference made by the BB btw the phone memory and the micro SD memory?

I would like to buy a bigger micro SD card, but I surely don't know how to use this part of the storage capacity of the phone.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

The sdcard is absolutely the best place to store music and pictures
Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #3
chrism_scotland
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange/T-Mobile

Not meaning to hi-jack the thread but on the topic of Bold memory, how much can you have running at one time in terms of applications, I mean can you have say Viigo, and Facebook running at the same time?
Its not a massive issue coming from an iPhone which can only have one at a time, but I as hoping for something like Windows Mobile where I canhave say Opera and an RSS App loaded at the same time.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
Emboldened

Carrier: o2
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism_scotland View Post
Not meaning to hi-jack the thread but on the topic of Bold memory, how much can you have running at one time in terms of applications, I mean can you have say Viigo, and Facebook running at the same time?
Its not a massive issue coming from an iPhone which can only have one at a time, but I as hoping for something like Windows Mobile where I canhave say Opera and an RSS App loaded at the same time.
That's an interesting question... I seem to get some slowdown after opening up a few apps, whereas my N82 seems to run 60+ with little trouble. So for me, it's a little strange getting the clock coming up a lot more often than I was used to. With a faster processor and RAM I was hoping this wouldn't happen though.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
Emboldened

And to the original poster, the MicroSD card is the best place for music. I use a memory card reader and drag and drop files onto it. Very quick and easy. The phone will scan for music when you go to the media app. As long as it's a valid format, it will pick it up. I have an 8gb card and it has no problems.

The phone itself has 1gb on-board storage... I'm hoping that contact, emails etc get stored there. There is also flash memory, that is used for apps installation - you DON'T want to store music in there. I suspect you may have done, which is why you had to delete languages.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
chrism_scotland

Carrier: Orange/T-Mobile

Can you set Emails, Attachments and browsing history, etc to save to the memory card rather than onboard memory?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #7
Emboldened

I'm a new user to BB's so my answer won't be comprehensive.

When transferring from my memory card, I see the messenger logs etc seem to be on the memory card for Yahoo and MSN.. I'd imagine for Google Talk and AIM too in that case.

Attachments give you the option to save where you like so you can choose the memory card. I *think* it remembers the last folder you saved it in.

The BB makes a Blackberry folder on the memory card, so that is the place to look.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:37 AM   #8
patbig

Model: BOLD
Carrier: sfr

In any case, I think its possible to move the file from the onboard to SD, just looking to move command in the menu.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
Strong1966

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I am a Rogers Wireless user from Canada. Recently purchased the BOLD. You may want to check Options... then Memory... then see what Application memory you have available. I had the same issue recently and was as low as 158 kbites left for memory... I recently did the OS upgrade but I have noticed that the device sometimes struggles with memory management... at that point I do a "reset" and then I get back to 50 megabytes available for application memory... bizarre situation but worthwhile sharing...
Closed Thread