asj2008
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
thanks for your reply...i did try quitting the app and restarting it, but still to no avail. i still get the same error. after the network connection error screen flashes...it actually goes to the next screen in which it says that there is a prob with my username and pwd and then at the bottom it says "warning! there was an error parsing the channel list". i did add 2 channels on the web site to try them. wat did i do wrong?
Hi,

We'll have to fix that two screens...if it cannot connect, it will go to the next screen and still have that error about username and password. The channel parsing did not work because it's trying to parse nothing (it never picked up the channels because there was no connection). Again, I think it all comes down to the fact the app could not gain access to the data network.

Btw, do you have the latest build? Did you check the permissions for that app?

I'll pass that error you mentioned to our developer (java.io.connection error) and he'll email you back as well or post here....

Thanks!

Last edited by asj2008; 07-16-2008 at 04:14 PM..
Old 07-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #22
jsaradhi

Model: curve

i had 1.0 and i just downloaded it again this afternoon from the link you posted above. but it still says 1.0, so is that the latest build? and the permissions are set to allow for all connections for voizpod.

i wud like to get this to work...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #23
asj2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
i had 1.0 and i just downloaded it again this afternoon from the link you posted above. but it still says 1.0, so is that the latest build? and the permissions are set to allow for all connections for voizpod.

i wud like to get this to work...
Hi,

Yeah, it's the latest. We're not incrementing the build version upwards because this is just the testing phase.

So, the latest build is always available to users with devices with file systems at:
voizpod.com/m75

The other thing is you're using Blackberry 8300, not sure whether that makes a difference...we've tested using 8310, and we know others like you have tested it and it worked using the same, but it looks like we'll have to ask people for their model in the registration form so we can figure out which models may be having difficulties.

ASJ

Last edited by asj2008; 07-18-2008 at 10:49 AM..
Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #24
asj2008

Default Voiz Blog

Hi all!

We started a new blog for the Voizpod Team. Please feel free to visit us and say hello! Btw, we've garnered more than 100 users so far and got lots of suggestions, comments, and complaints, so please keep those coming!

To read our blog:
The Voiz!

ENJOY!

Last edited by asj2008; 07-26-2008 at 08:59 PM..
Old 07-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #25
asj2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by asj2008 View Post
Hi all!

We started a new blog for the Voizpod Team. Please feel free to visit us and say hello! Btw, we've garnered more than 100 users so far and got lots of suggestions, comments, and complaints, so please keep those coming!

To read our blog:
The Voiz!

To listen to the first entry via voizpod:
Listen via Voizpod

ENJOY!
Sorry, the link to the audio file is different:
To listen to the first entry via voizpod:
Listen via Voizpod

Last edited by asj2008; 07-25-2008 at 12:21 AM..
Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #26
asj2008

Default Tutorials

As requested by one of the users, we are starting to create a series of video tutorials on how to use the Voizpod mobile. If I sound kinda dorky and nasal in the video, it's because I am kinda dorky

Here's the first one. It shows you how to download and store articles from websites into your Blackberry.

The zipped version (only 26 MB) if you want to save it on your hard drive first:

http://www.voizpod.com/tutorials/voi...ownloading.zip

The non-zipped version (it's 40 MB, so only click if you are on a fast DSL, cable or T1 line):

http://www.voizpod.com/tutorials/voi...ownloading.mov
Old 07-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #27
asj2008

I removed the audio link because the way voizpod works it changes every midnight anyways....
Old 07-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #28
asj2008

Default T-mobile and Verizon users

After a week or so of testing with users in this forum (thanks!), please note the following that have caused problems with users:

Verizon:

Verizon does not support Java (J2ME) apps so you will not be able to run the Voizpod Mobile on verzon. You can use the Voizpod mobile site using your browser though.

T-mobile

T-mobile users have not been able to access the internet through Voizpod Mobile. This is because T-mobile has the following restrictions:

You can only acccess internet via this app if:

1) The application was signed with a T-Mobile certificate, or
2) The user has a $20 "total internet" plan instead of the regular $6 T-Zones one, or
3) The handset was not bought through T-Mobile.

We will work with T-mobile to sign the application (option #1) so this problem should be fixed later....

Thanks again to all those testing it!!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #29
asj2008

Here's more on T-mobile's restriction on all third party apps:
T-Mobile Disses Opera, Says "Get Less!" - Gearlog

We will see whether we can get a cert from T-mobile, but I do not know how long this will take. I apologize to all T-mobile users....

In meantime, you can use the mobile website at voizpod.com/w until we can find a way around t-mobile's, well...i don't know what to call it....

We will upgrade that mobile site to accomodate people...
Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 AM   #30
asj2008

Default Outdated channels

A few people have emailed about why some of their channels were not updated after an absence of several days (in one case, a week or so), and so I updated the FAQ and would like to post this here, since it is kinda essential info.

The answer is pretty simple: The more you use Voizpod to view your channels, the more updated they will be. The reason for this is that the Voizpod server only updates channels which are being used. So, if you don't log into your account for several weeks, and none of your channels are also opened by another person, then they will be outdated when you log into your account. However, check back the next day and they should have the most current articles because you checked it the day before.

So the best idea is to log into your account frequently so your personal channels will be updated all the time! If you log in daily, then all your channels get updated daily too!

PS. We'll be adding "Updated: DD/MM/YYYY" info to the channels as well so when you open one you'll know when was the last time it was updated.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #31
asj2008

Default New FAQ: 413 error

A new FAQ that explains the occurence of a 413 error when using the mobile app has been posted.

Voizpod - The Voiz of the Web

Please note that if you or your IT dept cannot fix this error, you can still use the voizpod mobile website at Untitled to listen to your channels....

Thanks...
Old 09-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #32
asj2008

Just bumping this for any new members who may want to try it. Thanks to all the other beta testers who have given us some good feedback!

ASJ
Old 09-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #33
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Have you solvedthe problem with T-Mobile yet?

Kamau
Old 09-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #34
asj2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamau View Post
Have you solvedthe problem with T-Mobile yet?
Hi,

It's not actually a problem per se, as noted in this notice we put out. It'll take time to get a certificate from t-mobile though...I'll email you when that is done....

Notice to T-Mobile Users

We'll be improving the mobile website by this weekend, so people who can't use the mobile app can use that instead....

Btw, we added a new page with many of the channel listings so it's easier for people to subscribe to a channel that they may like without needing to search for it.

Recent Channel Listings by Category

Regards,
ASJ