BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #121
ecl3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: T Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I have set up a yahoo mail acct along with my tmo.blackberry.net.

While I have read that the yahoo acct will be pushed and that sent items, deleted items etc will show up, none of that happens. Mail to tmo... seems rapid but the sent etc. boxes on yahoo remail empty. I assume that outgoing is going from the tmo...?

Also, while I get the yahoo mail it seems that it is popped not pushed.

Do I need to set up a particular type of yahoo acct or make it the only one??
Old 10-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #122
goaliemn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by code7700
IMAP should be faster since unlike POP, IMAP has support for both connected and disconnected modes of operation. In other words, the BIS server can stay "attached" to your IMAP server (and it is super low bandwidth). Using IMAP, the BIS server can "watch" for new mail and should be able to instantly notify you.
you don't want to have one server keeping possibly thousands or tens of thousands of these connections open. Each one would add to machine overhead, as well as bandwidth, which, may not be much, but with all their subscribers, it could be substantial at their end, plus the other if alot of accounts exist at one email provider.

You have to worry about threads, as well as sockets. Keeping them constantly connected would be a bad thing, system wise.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #123
aaronpaul

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecl3
I have set up a yahoo mail acct along with my tmo.blackberry.net.

While I have read that the yahoo acct will be pushed and that sent items, deleted items etc will show up, none of that happens. Mail to tmo... seems rapid but the sent etc. boxes on yahoo remail empty. I assume that outgoing is going from the tmo...?

Also, while I get the yahoo mail it seems that it is popped not pushed.

Do I need to set up a particular type of yahoo acct or make it the only one??
From the Messages screen, click the wheel, go to "options" then to "Email Reconciliation." Change the message service to your Yahoo account. This will set that account up to reconcile.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #124
aaronpaul

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbey
I don't think the BBs support of the DeskTop account's folders is going away. The upgrade dropped the web access in TMO's My E-mail. I still have my Desktop folders and they are still getting populated as expected.
The only time the folders are populated is if I send from "Web Client." If I change the "from" address to another POP account, the folders aren't populated. In fact, when I view the folder's inbox, I don't have any messages there since Saturday, before the switchover.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:21 AM   #125
dofficer

Carrier: T-Mobile

Still unable to make a reply whenever I receive an email from other blacberry address to my blackberry address (xxxxx@tmo.blackberry.net). The "using" field in the top of the email still shows "Unknown". If it's from non-blackberry address, it would show my blackberry address in the "using" field and the reply function would work. I wonder if it has do with removing the old "web client" service book in my 7230 handheld. Is anyone having the same problem?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #126
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo

I'm forwarding all my email to my handheld, and I'm STILL seeing delays of around 20-30 minutes. I am seriously pissed off my T-mobile, whenever I call them they claim there are no issues and start having me do silly things like power cycling the device :(
Old 10-04-2005, 11:27 AM   #127
LeggNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOObydoo
I'm forwarding all my email to my handheld, and I'm STILL seeing delays of around 20-30 minutes. I am seriously pissed off my T-mobile, whenever I call them they claim there are no issues and start having me do silly things like power cycling the device :(
I've managed to come full circle and am now back to my pre-update setup of receiving my GMail (auto-forwarded to my @tmo.blackberry.net address) immediately. I opted to not use the Yahoo! solution, since I felt that it provided one more thing to complicate my life. I did go in and delete my BWC service book.

So... for now, all is as it should be. Incoming messages are received immediately at the tmo.blackberry adress and outgoing work fine as well.

Cheers, Rich
Old 10-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #128
EGottlieb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dofficer
Still unable to make a reply whenever I receive an email from other blacberry address to my blackberry address (xxxxx@tmo.blackberry.net). The "using" field in the top of the email still shows "Unknown". If it's from non-blackberry address, it would show my blackberry address in the "using" field and the reply function would work. I wonder if it has do with removing the old "web client" service book in my 7230 handheld. Is anyone having the same problem?
I had this problem when I deleted the Web Client service book. I was able to go back into the service book options page, click and choose "Undelete" and it brought it back. Fixed it for me.

Maybe this will work for you.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:32 PM   #129
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR
I'm using Yahoo and it's working like a dream (mostly). Instant push from my yahoo account to BlackBerry. Anything I send from the bb using the yahoo address ends up in the yahoo Sent folder. The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the Delete on Mail Account and Handheld option. I'd really like to be able to delete spam from both handheld and account at the same time, then things would truly be synched up. Hopefully t-mobile will get this working soon.

Another great thing I discovered with yahoo mail. Can sync the bb up with yahoo's calendar and address book using yahoo intellisync. Going to go play with that now. It's like having a hosted outlook account for free!
PLEASE carify this point regarding calander sync. Are you doing this wirelessly? Or are you you doing this tethered (via outlook and the yahoointellisync conduit)? If there is wireless calander sync I am going to switch back to yahoo from gmail. DOES ANYONE HAVE MORE INFORMATION ON THIS MATTER?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:45 PM   #130
code7700
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMO

I'm pretty sure you can only sync calendar (over the air) using BES. Not positive, but pretty sure. If you look at http://www.t-mobile.com/bisupgrade there is no reference to calendar.

It says:
All Yahoo! Mail accounts, including free accounts, are now supported. No need for Yahoo! POP3 access to get your Yahoo! Mail delivered.

E-mails to your Yahoo! Mail account are "pushed" to the handheld in real time.

E-mails sent, received, or deleted on your handheld will reflect changes at the original e-mail account – no need to manage the same e-mail account from two different places.

E-mails sent from your handheld will show the correct "Sent From" e-mail address, even with multiple e-mail accounts consolidated to the BlackBerry device.
I'd love to know how they are doing "E-mails to your Yahoo! Mail account are 'pushed' to the handheld in real time." Most likely something proprietary.

Last edited by code7700; 10-04-2005 at 05:53 PM..
Old 10-05-2005, 04:37 AM   #131
dofficer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGottlieb
I had this problem when I deleted the Web Client service book. I was able to go back into the service book options page, click and choose "Undelete" and it brought it back. Fixed it for me.

Maybe this will work for you.
Bummer. I'm unable to recover "Web Client" service book. It's gone for good after I rebooted my BB 7230. I guess I'll need to call T-Mobile Blackberry tech support to explain the problem.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:24 AM   #132
SnDmN

Model: 8700C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dofficer
Bummer. I'm unable to recover "Web Client" service book. It's gone for good after I rebooted my BB 7230. I guess I'll need to call T-Mobile Blackberry tech support to explain the problem.

I just restored my old service books from Sept 30th (my last backup) to get the WEBCLIENT back.

After the new books are loaded you will need to resend the new TMO service books directly from the my.t-mobile.com site.

One thing though, the "set up e-mail" link is gone even after I hard reset the phone...will have to see how to get that back now LOL.

Hope this helps
Old 10-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #133
kd78
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeggNet
I've managed to come full circle and am now back to my pre-update setup of receiving my GMail (auto-forwarded to my @tmo.blackberry.net address) immediately. I opted to not use the Yahoo! solution, since I felt that it provided one more thing to complicate my life. I did go in and delete my BWC service book.

So... for now, all is as it should be. Incoming messages are received immediately at the tmo.blackberry adress and outgoing work fine as well.

Cheers, Rich
I am in the same boat. I am interested in trying out the new "yahoo! solution" but I don't want pull access to my email when using Gmail. The reason I bought the BB was for push email.

It seems that GMAIL only supports POP and not MAPI or IMAP. Is this true or is there a way to get email more or less pushed to my BB from GMAIL without using forwarding?
Old 10-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #134
code7700
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd78
Is this true or is there a way to get email more or less pushed to my BB from GMAIL without using forwarding?
Create a Gmail filter that say:

Matches: in:inbox
Do this: Forward to [email address]

It'll forward all inbox mail (i.e., not spam) to your BlackBerry. The problem is that you will now have 2 copies of all mail (one at Gmail and one on your Blackberry).

Personally, I like the new BIS since it supports (some) IMAP commands. While I do have to wait 5-10 minutes for mail, the read/unread and there/deleted stuff works... and I like having control over deleting messages in my IMAP box from my BlackBerry.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 PM   #135
mouwj

Model: 7320

Specific question about the new delete functionality.

When I choose "delete" from a specific message I'm promted for "on Mailbox and Handheld" or "On handheld". Which is working as designed.

Since I use the BB primarily as a quick way to scan incoming mail, my practice has been to deal with all my mail on the BB and to then go to the very top of my mail list - to the date bar actually - and to do a "delete prior". When I do this now I'm not prompted to choose "on mailbox and Handheld" or "on handheld". Before I blow away all the incoming mail on my server by mistake, does anyone know if "delete prior" deletes from the handheld only or from both places? You don't get the option to choose when doing this bulk deletion on the BB.

Since the change, I've been deleting messages from the BB one by one, but this is a real pain, given my mail volume. Especially since you need to 1) choose the message and click 2) scroll down to "delete" and click 3) scroll to choose the delete option and click, and 4) scroll to choose the next message from the list. Lots of scrolling and clicking!!
Old 10-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #136
code7700
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm pretty sure when you do "delete prior" it just deletes it from the handheld. I just tested this and it didn't delete any messages from my BES (work) account or BIS (personal) account. So I'm guessing "delete prior" means "delete prior on handheld".
Old 10-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #137
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

I'm STILL looking at 20-30 minute delays on my emails.

This is insane.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:46 AM   #138
mouwj

Model: 7320
Default Anyone else not getting mail?

Once again, mail stopped coming through to my BB - both BB mail and forwarded mail - at about 5:00 p.m. central time 3.5 hours ago. Just tested and known new mail is not being delivered after everything had been fine since Monday. Anyone else?
Old 10-06-2005, 02:03 AM   #139
Cornflakeguy

Model: 7100T

I just found this on the T-Mobile website regarding the 'new' system.

If I read a message on my BlackBerry device, can I still read it in my desktop email program?

Yes. As long as the message has not been deleted, you can still read the message in your third-party desktop email program. If you read a message on your BlackBerry device or BlackBerry-enabled device, the status of the message is updated to read in the email account, if wireless email reconciliation is supported by the email account.

Notes:

This feature is not supported by POP3 accounts.

So I guess they just turned it off and don't give a damn about it.

cfg
Old 10-06-2005, 02:30 AM   #140
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouwj
Once again, mail stopped coming through to my BB - both BB mail and forwarded mail - at about 5:00 p.m. central time 3.5 hours ago. Just tested and known new mail is not being delivered after everything had been fine since Monday. Anyone else?
Same here.
Closed Thread