Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #21
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Know what does work? Yahoo and Gmail!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #22
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Know what does work? Yahoo and Gmail!!!!
agree
Old 02-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #23
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Same here I have both I also had an older Hotmail account, just finaly deleted it today.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #24
willrivera

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: A&TT

Can you just use the RIM redirector? have outlook get all your emails accounts together and then have the redirector send them to you device.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #25
mark_dubai

Model: Curve
Carrier: Etisalat

people this works.. i use it, its very easy.. download a free programme callled "Get Mail" this prog automatically forwards you hotmail mails to any other account...
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
mark_dubai

Model: Curve
Carrier: Etisalat

Hotmail Forwarding - GetMail For Hotmail
Old 02-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #27
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

it looks like the program is free only if you sign up for one of their offers.

Quote:
TrialPay is a simple process that allows you to get various products (including my software) for free. It works much like any other paid checkout process, you first click on the checkout button, you then enter some basic details about yourself. At this point, instead of being charged for your download you are offered a number of offers from various large brand names. You find an offer that you like the look off, complete the offer process and are then sent an e-mail with a link to your free software.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #28
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
...I also had an older Hotmail account, just finaly deleted it today.
I stopped using hotmail years ago specifically because (at least at that time) they were the most restrictive in terms of storage, forwarding, POP3 access, etc, etc, etc. I've left my account active so that I can still access MSN but I have a permanent auto-reply for incoming emails asking the sender to re-send to my gmail or work address.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:50 PM   #29
slowlydrifting
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: .
Carrier: Rogers

I use Hotmail and was only able to set it up in BIS after I upgraded to Windows Live Hotmail Plus. Those of you who are unable to forward your Hotmail emails to another address, I think forwarding to domains other than @hotmail.com or @live.com is supposed to be a paid feature (I remember reading about it when they first introduced email forwarding). If you are able to with a free account, you've probably lucked out. lol.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #30
bbtitanium
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 243908BB
Carrier: T-mobile

I have been using Hotmail since 1999, I was able to set up my mail forwarding back in November after I upgraded my free Hotmail account to a Live account. My Hotmail has been forwarding to my tmo.blackberry account since then. After reading Sith's instructions, I was able to set the reply-to to my Hotmail address and it worked flawlessly.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #31
PatrickBateman

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I have Verizon and had no problem adding my Hotmail to my Pearl.

I'm not forwarding it to a Blackberry email either.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:21 AM   #32
CaptainBDSC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
PIN: Not Tellin' :)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted

I have been having one of my hotmail accounts forward to my ISP account which can be integrated onto my blackberry. I have the 20 bucks a year deal on this account and then I was having a non plus account forward to my plus account for it to again be forwarded. It used to work but now my non-plus email only makes it to my plus account. Won't go farther... Really bugging me... Was I just getting away with it and now they caught me?
Old 07-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #33
kennethmurrell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8110
Default HOTMAIL and BLACKBERRIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricpac View Post
Sith, i got this error for an account i have recently created with a hotmail tag:
This is partially true. If you have an older hotmail account (i believe before 1999, but dont quote me on this) then you are bound by the terms and conditions that were in effect when you signed up for the service. People who have hotmail accounts before or on this date before it changed CAN set up their free hotmail account with BIS and have it work just fine. Believe me, I have tested this with myself and my sprint customers and I know this to be a fact. I am using mine on my blackberry right now and it works perfectly. Around 2000 or whatever when MS changed their terms of use, they disabled access for blackberries and treos and any other device unless it is a premium account. So, if you had an account before then, then you don't have to worry. Now, some of you may be asking yourselves, "How do I know if mine is supposed to work or not?" Well some hotmail accounts will integrate fine, but then just not be able to send and receive. These are the accounts that are bound by the new terms and conditions. One way to check for sure is go into options in your hotmail and see if it will let you forward messages to any other email account, or just live accounts (hotmail, msn, live, etc.)
If it lets you forward to ANY other email account then it will work with your blackberry. If you cannot forward to any other email account, then you have to have the premium account to integrate it.

Like I said, some newer accounts that are free might integrate fine, but they wont work. I hope this was clear, as I know I get confusing on these longer posts. I hope this clears up a bunch of confusion.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #34
kennethmurrell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8110

and supposedly with bis 2.5 hotmail should be fine now.... so yeah.....
Closed Thread