BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
melodic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default hook to hang things from the curve?

Please Login to Remove!

does anyone know if there is a hook to hang a lanyard or something like that from the curve? most phones have it but i dont see one on the curve..
Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
spblat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

nope.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
mike_187
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

yea i find it weird that it doesn't, and the pearl does.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

You can always drill a hole in it.

Note: This is by no means an endorsement of physically drilling a hole in your brand new BlackBerry. That will probably damage it, and will not be covered by warranty or insurance.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Think I'll go sharpen a drill bit!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #6
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
You can always drill a hole in it.

Note: This is by no means an endorsement of physically drilling a hole in your brand new BlackBerry. That will probably damage it, and will not be covered by warranty or insurance.
What if I drill a hole in it, then claim it was stolen and get a replacement under my insurance????

Also, can you tell me how I can't get unlimited data for free... Can I get H@H if I hax0r the BB???
Old 10-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Yes, and free WiFi on the 8300.
And it will activate the hidden GPS and IR.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Hahaha!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #9
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
What if I drill a hole in it, then claim it was stolen and get a replacement under my insurance????
I hope you're kidding cause on an insurance thread you said the comment below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
T-Mo has a one year warranty replacement and they are fast!!! It will be a refirb as JC stated above but it's a like new device.....

Having said that, the one year warranty will NOT cover loss or theft....

Last edited by kurrupt_1; 10-01-2007 at 08:29 PM..
Old 10-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Yes the comment here was a joke... Many come here wanting to find ways to cheat the carriers and steal service... So ya it was a joke
Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #11
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

Trust me, Lunkhead is not theif or cheat. Just the opposite, in fact.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #12
tomdkat

Model: 9550

Remove the sym and aA keys and loop it through there. Nobody uses those anyway. Or you could pull out your 9mm pistol and shoot a hole in it

Last edited by tomdkat; 10-01-2007 at 08:41 PM..
Old 10-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #13
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 20FA40E8

Quote:
You cannot just use the free wifi to unlock GPS why are you telling him wrong information. You also have to scratch the paint covering the IR port. It is located at the top of the unit. I take a high grit sandpaper to file away at the top of the blackberry until you get a hole along the top. Without this, there is no way for the IR light to reach the outside of the case. SOME people may suggest using a razor blade to do this ... although I highly DO NOT recommend it because you may scratch something. There are also IR ports on the bottom, and on both sides, so take full advantage of it, scratch fully the outside borders both top, bottom, and sides. Don't scratch too much or there will be nothing to hold the front and back together.

I hope this helps you all. Happy hacking!

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus

Last edited by numetheus; 10-02-2007 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: Meany humor removed - LOL Sorry!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #14
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
You cannot just use the free wifi to unlock GPS why are you telling him wrong information. You also have to scratch the paint covering the IR port. It is located at the top of the unit. I take a high grit sandpaper to file away at the top of the blackberry until you get a hole along the top. Without this, there is no way for the IR light to reach the outside of the case. SOME people, like NJBlackBerry, may suggest using a razor blade to do this ... although I highly DO NOT recommend it because you may scratch something. There are also IR ports on the bottom, and on both sides, so take full advantage of it, scratch fully the outside borders both top, bottom, and sides. Don't scratch too much or there will be nothing to hold the front and back together.
Oh! You must be talking about the IR-based GPS system using the Optical GPS satellite system the USSR launched in the 1960's - if you do what Numetheus suggests and expose all the IR ports, and then hold the device flat, horizontally, over your head while you're outdoors (must be on a dark cloudless night, and you may have to rotate around your own vertical axis for 10 or 15 minutes until it locks in), you can get an IR/GPS sync from the 40 year old satellites. You need to load the cyrillic version of the LBS though for this to sync to the maps program, and unfortunately, the maps haven't been updated since the USSR was disbanded, so you'll need to make mental adjustments as you download directions.

I actually like having the Sym key, but decided that the space bar had lots of extra room (who needs the thing half an inch wide???), so I popped the key cap off, replaced it with a spare left shift key cap, and used the remaining 3/32" of newly freed up space to drill the hole through for the lanyard. Actually didn't "drill" it - instead of risking drill damage, I heated up an unbent heavy duty paper clip till it was glowing hot, and poked it straight through the device. Neat - it "cauterized" both the blackberry and my thumb at the same time! Now the hole is big enough so that I can have a string running through it and looped around my neck.

Next project on the table is to remove the entire outer housing and try potting what's left of the device in clear epoxy!

Last edited by John Clark; 10-02-2007 at 12:10 AM..
Old 10-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #15
spblat

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

Drilling it is fine as long as you don't drill through the moisture sensing sticker. That'll void your warranty--it's the first thing they check.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 AM   #16
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
Oh! You must be talking about the IR-based GPS system using the Optical GPS satellite system the USSR launched in the 1960's - if you do what Numetheus suggests and expose all the IR ports, and then hold the device flat, horizontally, over your head while you're outdoors (must be on a dark cloudless night, and you may have to rotate around your own vertical axis for 10 or 15 minutes until it locks in), you can get an IR/GPS sync from the 40 year old satellites. You need to load the cyrillic version of the LBS though for this to sync to the maps program, and unfortunately, the maps haven't been updated since the USSR was disbanded, so you'll need to make mental adjustments as you download directions.

I actually like having the Sym key, but decided that the space bar had lots of extra room (who needs the thing half an inch wide???), so I popped the key cap off, replaced it with a spare left shift key cap, and used the remaining 3/32" of newly freed up space to drill the hole through for the lanyard. Actually didn't "drill" it - instead of risking drill damage, I heated up an unbent heavy duty paper clip till it was glowing hot, and poked it straight through the device. Neat - it "cauterized" both the blackberry and my thumb at the same time! Now the hole is big enough so that I can have a string running through it and looped around my neck.

Next project on the table is to remove the entire outer housing and try potting what's left of the device in clear epoxy!
That has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. OMG!! Don't listen to what this guy has to say. Its as simple as filing away all of the paint and plastic on the top, making a hole for the IR energy to escape in a straight line. Also, dont scratch a hole to big, because it will just funnel wider, causing poor connectivity. Your transfer rate will drop from 20mb/sec all the way to 10mb/sec. And ... we don't want that. I just want you all to have the best experience with you BlackBerries ... thats all.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #17
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900

Quote:
That has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. OMG!! Don't listen to what this guy has to say. Its as simple as filing away all of the paint and plastic on the top, making a hole for the IR energy to escape in a straight line. Also, dont scratch a hole to big, because it will just funnel wider, causing poor connectivity. Your transfer rate will drop from 20mb/sec all the way to 10mb/sec. And ... we don't want that. I just want you all to have the best experience with you BlackBerries ... thats all.
All your base are belong to us!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #18
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

pfffftttt on all of you.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #19
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

I just wanted to say you are all awesome. Every one of you. And ... nobody tried sanding their BlackBerry right? LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #20
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

Quote:
I just wanted to say you are all awesome. Every one of you. And ... nobody tried sanding their BlackBerry right? LOL
of course not, especially when we know that 000 steel wool and toothpaste works best!
Closed Thread