Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
drmarkf

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Question Sync with Outlook 2007

Please Login to Remove!

I've managed to get Desktop 4.2 sp2 running on my Vista Ultimate home machine thanks to advice on this forum, but I'm now stumped at getting my BB synchronized via Desktop.

My BB is wirelessly linked to my employer's server and I use this link also for my home email - I just want to sync Outlook/BB Calendar, Address Book and Memo Pad on the BB via a USB cable to my home computer which is running Outlook 2007.

I've set up the configuration on the Desktop to synchronize as I want, but when I connect the BB I get the message "Synchronization is currently unavailable for Calendar, Memo Pad and Address Book because the application[s] is/are configured for wireless synchronization...". It then goes on to suggest clicking on Help to find how to disable wireless synchronization on the BB [although I can't find anything about this under 'Help'].

I've tried turning off wireless on the BB without success - I'm sure I'm missing something simple, so please could someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks, Mark
Old 09-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Through DM, I am running Vista with no problem.

My suggestion is to sync again but check the refresh box and see what happens. Make sure your primary source which is my case is the handheld, is exporting to outlook or visa versa.

Of course do a backup first.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
kailanihawk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 22C2A5CE
Carrier: ATT

You will need to turn off Wireless Synchronization for each (Address Book, Calendar, MemoPad) in order to get those to sync to your Outlook on your desktop. Here's how to change it for your Address Book: click on Address Book, press the Menu button, click on Options, scroll down to Wireless Synchronization and press your spacebar to change Yes to No, Save and Exit. Just do the same for the other apps (Calendar, MemoPad). You should than be able to synch to your desktop. When done synching, change Wireless Synchronization back to Yes for each app.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
drmarkf

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2

Great - many thanks. I'm making progress, but things aren't quite right yet.

Turning off the apps' wireless updating has allowed me to sync with my home desktop, but going through all 3 apps manually 'off' then 'on' each time I just want to sync is pretty clunky. Is there any way of automating that?

Secondly, BB Desktop seems to be behaving strangely. Sometimes when I click on the icon it displays a Vista User control box, which then disappears when I click on OK and the desktop doesn't appear.

Am I missing something here?
Closed Thread