Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
chefnicholas

Model: 9000
Carrier: Entel PCS
Default Help! 8300 sync with mac issues & mp3s

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I've always depended on BBF.com for all my blackberry needs and it has always rewarded me handsomly. Heres a new one...

I have a new AT&T Curve. I also have a Mac Powerbook G4.

Issue: I need to get my music from my Mac to my Phone.

Ive tried the conventional bluetooth ways, no luck. I've tried markspace's Missing Sync program for blackberries. Wont let me sync music, says that the media card must be configured to accept music. But it IS set to accept music. Im guessing that markspace hasnt made an update that works for the 8300 yet and thats the issue.

Also in the past i have always gotten a "Would you like to enter Mass Storage Mode" prompt on my handheld in the past when syncing... but i havent been able to get that prompt yet since i got the phone.

Any ideas anyone? I'm fine with unconventional, tricky ways like emailing myself files, whatever it takes, i just need to get my music on my computer.

Does ANYONE have a solution?!

Thanks,
Nick
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Drock

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Same issue with me, And I read that downloading mp3 attachments from email dont work.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
mac443
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

restart your mac, try popping out your battery on ur Curve

reboot both and connect the Blackberry Curve/8300 via the USB cable that came with it. You should get a message for the "mass media disk use" select yes, if you dont get the message on your BB check to see if the "NONAME" is on your desktop. It is just a mounted disk image.

Go to NOname>Blackberr>music, then dump all the songs you want on your Blackberry into the folder.

unplug, then go to your media folder on your BB and the songs will all be there in the music
Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
butter71
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: the "new" at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnicholas View Post
I've tried markspace's Missing Sync program for blackberries.
i've been able to sync music using missing sync.

the memory card must be mounted on your desktop first. (it should happen automatically when you tether. or after entering your password if you have one).

i have missing sync v1.0.1.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #5
nef

PIN: 240c22c

When I use bluetooth to transfer anything from my mac to the curve I have always had to go into the media folder on the curve and choose receive using bluetooth, then start the transfer on the mac. When I do this I will sometimes get the transfer failed message on the mac, but the file is always on the curve and usable. Transferred many ringtones this way. If I tether via usb cable to my mac, then I just drag and drop from iTunes to the mounted memory card. (after entering my password on the device even though I have it saved in pocketmac). HTH.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #6
sherifnix

I use missing sync as well, and I just need to enable mass storage for it to sync with
iTunes playlists.
I love how much better it is than pocketmac.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:19 AM   #7
blocker85

agree with the previous posts, missing sync runs CIRCLES around pocket mac! I can sync photos, music, ringers, appointments and contacts with NO problems! Just make sure the card is formatted and MOUNTED when you try and sync and everything should be fine! Good luck
Old 06-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #8
givemeyourshoes

PIN: 2404a8c5
Default USB Mass Storage or Memory Card Reader

I have had my curve for about a week now and have had no issues transfering media to the device in mass storage mode. The first time I plugged it in to my G4 iMac it asked me if I wanted to enable mass storage mode, I said yes, and it hasn't asked me again. Every time I plug it in now it just mounts the disk image just like plugging in a flash drive. I drag and drop the files to the card, eject the disk image and I am good to go.

If you are still having trouble doing it that way, I would suggest putting your memory card in your BB, formating it, then removing it and try transfering files to the card via a card reader. SanDisk makes on that cost like $20 at bestbuy and it works just fine. That is how initial loaded all my media onto my phone. I found it was faster than just pluging in the phone as well. When loading a 700 mb video file with the phone plugged in via usb it took well over an hour. I did a test and used my card read and it only too a couple of min. Anyone have any ideas on that? Its almost as if my BB is only using USB 1.1 speeds.

-Nick B.
Closed Thread