Old 06-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Belbarid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8830 Call Filtering software

Please Login to Remove!

I'm very seriously considering giving up my Treo 700p for a Blackberry 8830. The one hitch in the plan is a little app I installed on my Treo. It allows the phone to automatically perform certain actions based on the call. For instance, all calls originating from a number in my address book get sent directly to voicemail from 8-5, Monday-Friday. Keeps the work distractions to a minimum. It also blocks calls that don't have a caller ID, and performs a couple other nifty (if less necessary) functions.

I have not been able to find anything like this for the Blackberry. Is there such an app?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
RedSoxFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

Do not know of any software for the BB. Some of those applications you can access through your Verizon voicemail. The only other feature the BB has that is close to what you are talking about is the auto on/off. You can program your phone on and off at a certain time of day any day of the week.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
phillyslickster
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: 242a22a7
Carrier: T-Mobile

There is a program called Berry Blocker made by a developer named Sol Fire. I'm not sure if he still develops the app anymore. You can search this forum for information on it.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:51 AM   #4
phillyslickster
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: 242a22a7
Carrier: T-Mobile

The developer of berry blocker is named Elfire Sol. I made a mistake on the name in an earlier post.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #5
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

"+mablackberry+"
Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #6
Flagstaff434

I think Stinsonddog just solved it for you, Belbarid. I am a week into conversion from the 700P to the 8830 and have my eyes been opened. I thought I would just try this out and go back to the Palm, but I cannot believe the options available to me on the 8830. I have the same problems I had with the 700P because I use a Mac, but I think I am here to stay.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Belbarid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagstaff434 View Post
I think Stinsonddog just solved it for you, Belbarid. I am a week into conversion from the 700P to the 8830 and have my eyes been opened. I thought I would just try this out and go back to the Palm, but I cannot believe the options available to me on the 8830. I have the same problems I had with the 700P because I use a Mac, but I think I am here to stay.
All of you have, and I thank you for it. I expect now to have my brand new BB8830 this weekend.

My wife categorically would not let me buy it myself, saying that it's impossible to buy things for me for Father's Day (or birthday, Christmas, Anniversary...), what with the fact that I tend to just go out and buy the things I want.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #8
venturalaw

I am new to this forum and look forward to converting from the Treo 700p to the BB8830. So many problems with the Treo resetting, losing addresses and appointments - I've had enough. Plus I travel to Southeast Asia frequently.
I have not started the conversion yet, so are there any recommendations for problems that I may encounter, or recommended shortcuts, etc.?
Thanks.
Closed Thread