Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
Neodr31

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default DvD Conversion Help.

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, i'm a new Blackberry user and i've been experimenting with getting video's onto the blackberry. Just been putting various little clips i had downloaded, movie previews, game previews etc (Halo 3 trailor looks great on the BB )
Now i am going onto trying to place episodes of my favourite TV shows onto the blackberry which i have on DvD. Now if i could just get the tracks for each episode onto my computer, i am sure i could then convert them as i did the other files into a format usable by my blackberry. The catch is i cant seem to find any programme that can get the episodes from the DvD onto my computer, atleast not for free and i dont fancy paying for something quite yet as i'm not sure its going to work.

Could anyone please recomend me any programme's which would rip the DvD from the disc and onto my computer? Preferably one that lets me isolate tracks/chapters to avoid having the menu's/deleted scenes etc.

Thanks in advance.

P.S If i've posted this in the wrong forum please redirect me to the right place, i did try and find a more suitable forum but couldnt find one dedicated to media or video.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

if you want tv shows to your BB, it kinda easy. If you are pretty experienced with messing around with vob's and IFO's then you'll know the way I do it. I use DVD Decrypter and use IFO setting from there I am able to select which episode I want of course its not labeled but telling from time you can tell which ones are episodes and if you go by case the order they go in. if you need more info if only you know what im talking about pm me.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Download Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 and they have conversion software built into it. Do a search on this forum for Roxio or video and I'm sure you'll find a link with instructions.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Neodr31

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
Download Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 and they have conversion software built into it. Do a search on this forum for Roxio or video and I'm sure you'll find a link with instructions.

Regards-Michael G.
Thanks, i've found this on the official site. Its downloading, though slowly (20kb/s compared to the usual 500 :(). Guess the server must be somewhat busy, and wont help with me being far away from the server no doubt.

And thanks to ColdConfession13 for your help. I've managed to get a whole episode onto my Blackberry now, with only a few freezes at chapter changes. Gonna try this official software and see if i get any better performance.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #5
Figment
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: TMO

I know you've found a solution but I'd like to post this anyway Doom9.net - The Definitive DVD Backup Resource is a good website with tutorials and free open source programs.
Closed Thread