Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
pcdebb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint
Default myFaves screwed up on Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

a few days ago I decided I wanted to change the order of myFaves. Now it's totally screwed up. For example, the picture I have for Mom is on the contact for my brother. One of the bubbles is totally empty, one has a picture but no number assigned anymore. when I log into my-tmobile the contacts are correct, and the rep confirmed this. The fix I'm told is to do a master reset to get them back right. This seems a bit extreme but is this the only fix? is any one else seen this problem?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I don't have a Pearl or on TMO however resend your service books from your BIS. This might correct the problem. Keep us posted! Cheers!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdebb View Post
a few days ago I decided I wanted to change the order of myFaves. Now it's totally screwed up. For example, the picture I have for Mom is on the contact for my brother. One of the bubbles is totally empty, one has a picture but no number assigned anymore. when I log into my-tmobile the contacts are correct, and the rep confirmed this. The fix I'm told is to do a master reset to get them back right. This seems a bit extreme but is this the only fix? is any one else seen this problem?
I had the same problem about a month ago, I had to do a fullback up using the desktop manager, then perform a full wipe of the pearl, reload everything, then resend the services books.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
DVallot

Model: 8100

Wow, same thing happened to me a few days ago. Since the fix is so extreme, I'm going to take this opportunity to try out the new TIM firmware.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
zPearlMaster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: pinphobia

I also had the same problem but I was able to fix it by just a simple battery pull. Have you tried that yet?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
weegee
Thumbs Must Hurt

I had this problem after I went out of the country and swapped SIM cards. When I put my T-Mo SIM card back in myFaves was wacky, but I just edited the contacts with my phone gave them correct names pics and numbers.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:10 AM   #7
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Default before you do a wipe...

Same thing happened to me when I changed a my fave number from my Pearl at the beginning of a new month.. Somehow, my #1 spot for my husband's number was kicked off and the new number replaced his. Then, same as yours, the numbers and names and ringtones were suddenly all out of place and some icons were blank (or blue) and inaccessible.

T-Mo had me backup, wipe and restore but the problem didn't go away. They were supposed to call me back when a tier 3 rep figured out the problem.

I never got a call back; however, I figured out on my own that you have to make sure that the my faves on your pearl match up exactly (do a change location) with the my faves on the website (server) with #1 being the first icon you see when accessing my faves. #2 is to the right and it goes counter-clockwise.

Also, it's best to make any changes to your my faves via the website vs the Pearl.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:18 AM   #8
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S

^^^I forgot to mention that afterwards you should do a battery pull to reset.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
pcdebb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

I did a battery pull and that didnt help. the rep even sent a refresh and it didnt help. I did a total backup and master reset and it's fine now. This all started when I just wanted to change the order of who's #1 and all.

I also do remember when changing a contact about a month ago it was a little wierd on the website. I changed the number on one of the contacts and on the website both were listed and kicked one of the contacts off completely. When the rep "fixed" that they ended up changing the order of contacts around. I think I'll just leave well enough alone now
Old 04-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #10
DVallot

I'll add that I had tried a battery pull, and a book refresh before I posted. One thing I did not check is to see if the tmobile website myfaves listing jived with the myfaves listing on my phone. Hopefully it won't happen again. It did give me a proper excuse to try out the new 4.2.1 TIM software, which is working out great so far.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
beyondalegend
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdebb View Post
One of the bubbles is totally empty, one has a picture but no number assigned anymore.
I had this on mine for a month before I performed a full wipe. I'm telling you dude, this will not go away. Mine actually got worst, it when from one bubble, to four, I tried everything. The full wipe is the only thing that fixed it.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #12
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondalegend View Post
I had this on mine for a month before I performed a full wipe. I'm telling you dude, this will not go away. Mine actually got worst, it when from one bubble, to four, I tried everything. The full wipe is the only thing that fixed it.
Same for me, a backup/wipe/restore fixed it, nothing else would. It's been fine to a couple months, but I haven't changed anything since then.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #13
Spaceboy88

Default Same here...

I have had the same problems. I'm just hoping that when hell freezes over and T-Mobile puts out a software update they address this issue. It's very annoying. My personalized ringtones are all messed up for my MyFavs and no matter what I said and what the phone says SHOULD be playing, it never works 100% correctly
Old 04-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #14
w4raw

Model: 8800

Had the same issue here. TMO was of little help. Ended up finding the answer here. Do a search for myfaves and you'll find that this is a problem with the order of your faves on the pearl. It took me about an hour to solve the puzzle on mine and dry the order right, but once I got it right, it works. One thing I had to do that I didn't see mentioned anywhere was to change the addressbook contact for the faves that had the wrong pic. Just had to choose the contact that matched the name displayed on the fave.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #15
Spaceboy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4raw View Post
Had the same issue here. TMO was of little help. Ended up finding the answer here. Do a search for myfaves and you'll find that this is a problem with the order of your faves on the pearl. It took me about an hour to solve the puzzle on mine and dry the order right, but once I got it right, it works. One thing I had to do that I didn't see mentioned anywhere was to change the addressbook contact for the faves that had the wrong pic. Just had to choose the contact that matched the name displayed on the fave.
Did this help with the ringtones getting all messed up, or was that not an issue with you?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #16
w4raw

I did have the rungtone issue as well. Choosing the right contact and a battery pull fixed all issues

Scott
Old 04-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #17
Spaceboy88

How do you re-order your MyFavs on the website?
Old 04-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #18
w4raw

I changed the order on my pearl. I'm not sure if you can change the order on the tmo site.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #19
gyawitz

PIN: N/A

My wife's icon disappeared from the pearl. I went to T-Mobile's website and changed the tag for one of the other faves (not the fave just the label for it) and my wife's came back on the phone when it updated the tag for the other
Old 04-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #20
MistahQ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

only issues ive had with myfaves, it screwed up my exceptions on ringers for certain people. i had a friend in one group already and added him to myfaves, of course i had to set a custom ringer again but now it wont ring
Closed Thread