BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
mbqiii

Model: Pearl
Default NEED HELP on Pearl Problem

Please Login to Remove!

My blackberry pearl used to be connected with my company's black berry enterprise server, but I opted out cause the owner information in my BB Pearl Handheld changed into my company's name instead of mine. Where in fact my Pearl is my personal phone not owned by my company. So we decided my phone not be receiving any e mail from my company thru BES. My problem now, I cannot change or enter a name in the OWNER INFORMATION eventhough the space is blank the cursor would not move nor type any letter; furthermore the ENABLED/DISABLE portion in OPTIONS>SECURITY SETTINGS>GENERAL SETTINGS>PASSWORD cannot be changed (to DISABLE/ENABLE): also it has a small icon colored red like a lock icon. How can I address this problem? I already tried MASTER RESET my handheld but to no avail. Your advice is deeply appreciated... Thanks
Old 12-23-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

You need to wipe the old IT policy off your Pearl. Check this out: Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 12-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
mbqiii

On step 2 (Download Here) I cannot open the URL and it has a message HTTP 404 not found. Thanks....

Last edited by mbqiii; 12-24-2006 at 11:31 AM..
Old 12-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
mbqiii

nevermind I found the url now... and my blackberry is back to its original state... thanks a lot for the help!!!!... I really appreciated it...
Old 12-24-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
sphereboy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

I don't mean to be a grinch. But it just burns me up when Subject lines are abused as they were on this post. If you "NEED HELP..." you'd get a better response by having a relative Subject Line. I'm not a moderator, but i just wanted to speak up on this, because this is crucial part of a forum. It helps in finding articles in a search as well.

In any case, Merry Christmas BBF
Old 12-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #6
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphereboy
I don't mean to be a Grinch. But it just burns me up when Subject lines are abused as they were on this post. If you "NEED HELP..." you'd get a better response by having a relative Subject Line. I'm not a moderator, but i just wanted to speak up on this, because this is crucial part of a forum. It helps in finding articles in a search as well.

In any case, Merry Christmas BBF
You are right and personal thanks to you for having the courage to speak up about it.

I don't like it when threads simply say "Need Help" or "I'm in trouble"

Many people don't use the BBF search feature for an answer before posting [albeit they say they did]. But even they may scan the first few pages of thread titles, which makes thread titles essential.

As to the rest of us, who do actually use the BBF search feature, it's nice when looking at search hits or results to see in the title what the thread is about. It prevents having to open "mysery threads" to see what they contain.

Other than innocent mistakes, simply posting "I need help" "I screwed up my Pearl" "Pearl not working" or "I have a problem" is lazy and a disservice to the BBF community.

And I agree with you. I think a lot more Members will respond to pleas for help if the thread says something more than the above.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 12-24-2006 at 04:20 PM..
Old 12-24-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
mbqiii

I really apologize for this.... I am new with this kind of stuff (forums... etc) and I appreciate for correcting me on this.... Anyway, thanks for all the help and Merry Christmas to all!!!! May all of you have a Happy and Blessed New Year!!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #8
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbqiii
I really apologize for this.... I am new with this kind of stuff (forums... etc) and I appreciate for correcting me on this.... Anyway, thanks for all the help and Merry Christmas to all!!!! May all of you have a Happy and Blessed New Year!!!!
Not a big deal, you were just a convenient whipping boy.

Your post was actually very detailed and informative. Lots of people don't put 1/8th of what you did despite being able to do so.
Closed Thread