Old 12-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
Ketchums
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Default Does anybody use eFile?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey,

Does anyone in here use eFile on their Pearl? I downloaded it today, and I don't know how to use it or anything. I found a link to this thread (http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ghlight=eFile), but I was wondering if there were any way to save files to your storage card from an e-mail or something, and then to open them with eFile. Seems complicated, I know...

Also, I just want to see if anyone in here actually uses eFile. If so, how do you like it? And, what do you use it for?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

I have eFile and eOffice. I frequently use eOffice to create/edit docs, but only rarely use eFile. eFile looks useful, but in practice I find it awkward at best. I have problems all too often when I try to view pdf's with it. They have to be saved to their server first and many times this just doesn't work. All that said, I do like eOffice and their customer support has improved greatly!
Old 12-23-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309

I use both products somewhat frequently, eOffice more than file. I have never had any problems though uploading to the eFile server. And yes the support is getting much better.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:21 AM   #4
Ketchums

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc
I use both products somewhat frequently, eOffice more than file. I have never had any problems though uploading to the eFile server. And yes the support is getting much better.
How do you upload files to the server? Do I need eOffice for that?

And you can't use the program to view any other files? Cuz I mean, I'm not buying eOffice, and it doesn't sound real useful without eOffice...
Old 12-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe you can buy eFile without eOffice. You can view many file types. Have you been to their web site?

DynoPlex

Last edited by RoadRider; 12-23-2006 at 08:58 AM..
Old 01-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
sergeyd

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

Actually, eFile is a free application, you do not need eOffice to use it. eFile is like Windows Explorer for file management on the BlackBerry. All eOffice applications use eFile to store files on the device and access the network. Note that to store files on the server or to save e-mail attachments you do need to purchase Wireless document hosting subscription - it is included with eOffice Standard and Pro.

And yes, we have been working on this customer service . Thanks for your feedback!
BlackBerry Handhelds
Old 01-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
stac

Model: 8110
Carrier: at&t

How about working on that pricing? Seems like there'd be a great market for a more reasonably priced suite now that the blackberry market is growing in leaps and bounds... I think everyone would like to have this functionality if it didn't cost as much as the handset itself!

-Stac

'This one goes to eleven...'
Old 01-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
Ketchums

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac
How about working on that pricing? Seems like there'd be a great market for a more reasonably priced suite now that the blackberry market is growing in leaps and bounds... I think everyone would like to have this functionality if it didn't cost as much as the handset itself!

-Stac
Ditto
Closed Thread