Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #1
DrMoze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default New BB; getting contacts from Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

I have a new 8100 Pearl, not activated with T-M yet (# transfer delay). I'll be using it on my work BES. I want to maintain a single synched version of my Outlook calendar and contacts list at work and home, and just have work e-mail. (I don't use Outlook for e-mail at home nayway.)

I ran Desktop Manager v4.2 at home. My contacts (from my old Treo) are in Outlook. I can't get DM to import or synch this data. I also can't get it to transfer contacts from old phone to the bb using transfer wizard, even when both phones are connected to my laptop.

I want to get my contacts onto my Pearl first, and then be able to synchronize them as well as calendar on both work and home computers. (I do use Outlook at work for my calendar and e-mail.) Do I need to have my bb activated first? Is there something else I missed? (I already updated firmware to v.69)

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
PeterJS
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

If you are using BES with Exchange, and your Outlook stores the data in the Exchange Information Store, you don't need to do anything. Just activate your device, then have your BES administrator activate the BES account and your Exchange data (email, calendar, contacts) will synch up automatically.

Hope this helps,
Pete
Old 12-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
BBCrackhead

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Does your DM show that it is "Online"? If it says that it is offline, it is not finding your Outlook profile which would be the reason that it is not syncronizing
Old 01-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
Rebel XT

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze
I have a new 8100 Pearl, not activated with T-M yet (# transfer delay). I'll be using it on my work BES. I want to maintain a single synched version of my Outlook calendar and contacts list at work and home, and just have work e-mail. (I don't use Outlook for e-mail at home nayway.)

I ran Desktop Manager v4.2 at home. My contacts (from my old Treo) are in Outlook. I can't get DM to import or synch this data. I also can't get it to transfer contacts from old phone to the bb using transfer wizard, even when both phones are connected to my laptop.

I want to get my contacts onto my Pearl first, and then be able to synchronize them as well as calendar on both work and home computers. (I do use Outlook at work for my calendar and e-mail.) Do I need to have my bb activated first? Is there something else I missed? (I already updated firmware to v.69)

Thanks!
Did you ever figure out how to synch your berry with your home outlook for the address book? I was in a similar situation as you... I used my home outlook for calendar and address book, so I had it sync'd with my pearl prior to setting up my work email (which i only use for email, no calendar or address book) through the Enterprise Server.

I just got on BES a few days ago, and decided to clear my address book (deleted from my work email contact so that it could delete all at once off of my pearl) in order to do a fresh synch with my home outlook....now it won't let me sync b/c it's "set up to sync wirelessly ONLY with my work email". I am now stuck with no address book.........

Anyone out there know how to fix this problem?? I really don't feel like inputting 400+ contacts manually one by one.

Thanks for the help everyone! Love this forum!
Closed Thread