BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
SSpiro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Alltel
Default Noob Application Questions for 8700g?

Please Login to Remove!

Noob to the BB; Work is getting me the 8700g for t-mobile.

I presently have the Motorola Q from Verizon. Love Verizon, and love the Q - but no need for two phones. One of the things I love about the Q is the ability to customize the hell out of it, and add whatever programs I could ever desire.

How much memory does the 8700g have? I know it doesn't have the expansion slot.

Also - What types of applications and games can be added and installed? Are they blackberry specific? I read on here that it takes java apps and games, are these the only type?

Sorry for the noob questions - but couldn't find the answers anywhere else!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #2
Carl Prahl

Model: 8700g

64mb

Other people can probably attest more to how customizable it is... I just got mine last week.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:23 AM   #3
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I believe you can install theme; assigb mp3 as ringtone and msg tone.

I am not sure what games and softwares you are looking for. You can check out the aftermarket software forum here.

By the way, if you use the blackberry for you work, you might want to use it with work related only. The govt passed a law to require company to keep all e-data for the company in case for the law suit.

I am glad my bb is my personal use only.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
SSpiro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I believe you can install theme; assigb mp3 as ringtone and msg tone.

I am not sure what games and softwares you are looking for. You can check out the aftermarket software forum here.

By the way, if you use the blackberry for you work, you might want to use it with work related only. The govt passed a law to require company to keep all e-data for the company in case for the law suit.

I am glad my bb is my personal use only.
Not sure I understand what you mean by 'keep all the e-data'?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
wichita
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105t

E-data is all emails, texts and pin messages sent to or from your handheld. I also saw that news story. Can't say as im happy about it either.

I think you will like the 87 better than your Q. You find that the os is way more stable and reliable.

If you tool around BBF a bit, you will find a ton of stuff to add to your Blackberry. Everything from Themes to the latest apps. As well as Wallpapers, ringtones and a ton of new friends to add to your bbmessenger list.

I also have the 8700g. So if I can help you out, shoot me a pm. I'll help in anyway I can.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
SSpiro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichita
E-data is all emails, texts and pin messages sent to or from your handheld. I also saw that news story. Can't say as im happy about it either.

I think you will like the 87 better than your Q. You find that the os is way more stable and reliable.

If you tool around BBF a bit, you will find a ton of stuff to add to your Blackberry. Everything from Themes to the latest apps. As well as Wallpapers, ringtones and a ton of new friends to add to your bbmessenger list.

I also have the 8700g. So if I can help you out, shoot me a pm. I'll help in anyway I can.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I have some more reading to do!
Closed Thread