Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
toddz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Zen Theme Questions or Complaints

Please Login to Remove!

I just switched to the Zen theme on on my T-Mobile 8700g and have a couple of questions. I had used the Zen theme back when it was just out on the 7100 but now that it is more mature, I want to make the switch more permanent. What I was wondering is the following.

1. Why is there a translucent portion at the bottom of the screen which appears to be dedicated to text but serves no purpose. Is this just a left over of building one theme on top of another.

2. If the front convenience (center button) key is set to "BlackBerry Application List" why does the 6th icon on the right side perform the same task? Would seem better to give the user another option.

3. Why did RIM remove the option to remove the application name text? seems easy enough to implement that function without too much trouble.

4. Why have a speaker icon on the left side of the screen, how about 6 more icons if the user chooses? Probably not so good for the suretype model screens but would be possible for the 8700.

I'm sure I have more but that is what I thought of after playing with it for a while.

toddz