BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
joshjimenez

Model: 8700C
Default ramble and yak-on just wont work!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, i got my blackberry 8700c for cingular a couple days ago and i just got my BB Unlimited plan yesterday and ive been reading up on the TCP settings and all that and i have it setup but i still cant seem to connect to neither ramble nor yak-on i get a TCP error on yak-on and different errors on ramble such as the tunnel failed error or malformed address error. I don't know what to do. Ive been trying to figure it out since last night and i still cant. I called cingular the first person didnt seem to know what i was takling about. Then i read something on here about a data connect services add-on? he didnt really know what i was talking about but he told me to just set up the TCP and he gave me the same cingular info i got off of here and he said it should work. but it still does not! id really appreciate it if someone helped me out here. If i missed a step or something?
Old 08-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

First of all, is this a company blackberry or a personal blackberry. Secondly, check to make sure that you entered the information correctly. For instance the username and password are uppercase if I remember correctly. An error in that aspect could cause your errors.

Alternately, If you have a company blackberry, you may have IT restrictions that dont allow you to access your TCP/APN settings. But just poke around and make sure every thing is right first.

The Gecko
Old 08-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
joshjimenez

yeah the username and all that is in correctly. its a personal blackberry i dont use it for work or anything just for personal use. unless theres like blackberrys made for personal and company use because i bought mine used so the orignal owner could have used it for a company im not sure?

Last edited by joshjimenez; 08-08-2006 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 08-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Are you receiving emails? Can you browse the web?

You may want to try and resend your service books. If you are sure that the APN settings are correct, then I can't think of a reason that your 3rd party apps shouldnt work.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #5
joshjimenez

yes my interenet is working i got the bb unlimited yesterday the emails is a different story i have to get the IMEI and stuff reset or w/e because the last owner set up and account and he said he cant delete it so i have to call cingular for that but yes my interenet is working. i did see soemthing about resending the service books? but have no idea what that is? or what it does and all that
Old 08-19-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
why

Model: 7100T

Im having similar problems. My pass and name are correct and im getting a error trying to log on.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #7
BiggJayBK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 243070B3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Help w/Yak

This might Help, I got it from the Yak Website. I did it and It works. I definatly think its worth the $19.99

Getting Connected With WAP

The most common issue with WAP connections is missing Access Point Node (APN) settings on the device. The APN settings are unique to each service provider. An informal list of known good settings, as reported by our customers, is below. You should however, contact customer support for your provider to make sure you have the correct settings.

To set the APN settings, go to Options->TCP on your Blackberry. Enter the APN, username, and password. Not all service providers require a username and password.

The second most common issue is the Blackberry built in firewall blocking the connection. To reset the firewall, go to Options->Firewall on your Blackberry. Choose “Reset” from the track wheel menu. This will cause the Blackberry to prompt for permission during the first connection attempt made by any third party application. Be sure to choose “Allow” from the firewall popup when it is shown.

Informal APN settings by service provider. Note this is an informal list, no guarantee is made. You should contact your service provider’s customer service for verification of proper settings:

Cingular
APN: wap.cingular
username: [email address]
PW: CINGULAR1

T-mobile (Username and pass are blank)
APN: wap.voicestream.com
username:
PW:
Closed Thread