Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Arrow Using .mac, All Sent Messages Are Copied

Please Login to Remove!

I am a .Mac user with a BB 8700g on T-Mo. When I send a message with my Blackberry, there is a copy of it in my "Sent Messages" box up on my .Mac account. Any way I can stop this from happening? I've checked all the preferences on the account, and nothing is checked that should make that happen. Any thoughts?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to
Carrier: AT&T

I use Nextel for my service, and I have a BB7520, but I do have a .Mac account. I have a copy of my emails sent to another email address, then I have the mail app. pull it into my inbox so I can file it. For Nextel, I goto the web site where I can manage my email settings. There is a spot for "Auto BCC", make sure that is not filled in. I would imagine T-Mo would have a simular setup.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFLDEng611
I use Nextel for my service, and I have a BB7520, but I do have a .Mac account. I have a copy of my emails sent to another email address, then I have the mail app. pull it into my inbox so I can file it. For Nextel, I goto the web site where I can manage my email settings. There is a spot for "Auto BCC", make sure that is not filled in. I would imagine T-Mo would have a simular setup.
Thanks...I've checked this on my T-Mobile account settings and "Auto BCC" is NOT checked. I still cannot figure out why when I send an email from my Blackberry, it gets saved in the SENT FOLDER on my .Mac account.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
geekboy2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclyffe
I am a .Mac user with a BB 8700g on T-Mo. When I send a message with my Blackberry, there is a copy of it in my "Sent Messages" box up on my .Mac account. Any way I can stop this from happening? I've checked all the preferences on the account, and nothing is checked that should make that happen. Any thoughts?
I can confirm the same behavior (just setup my .Mac account to test it. In my case, I prefer this behavior, and would love it if it happened with all of my accounts. FWIW, the exact same set up with my Fastmail (IMAP) account does *not* save sent messages to the "sent" folder. Maybe some cooperative effort between the mail service provider and RIM? Maybe they see it as a "feature"? Anyway, again, I prefer that it works this way, but I thought I'd confirm that I do see the same thing. Oh, BTW, I'm also on T-Mo.

Mark
Old 08-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekboy2000
I can confirm the same behavior (just setup my .Mac account to test it. In my case, I prefer this behavior, and would love it if it happened with all of my accounts. FWIW, the exact same set up with my Fastmail (IMAP) account does *not* save sent messages to the "sent" folder. Maybe some cooperative effort between the mail service provider and RIM? Maybe they see it as a "feature"? Anyway, again, I prefer that it works this way, but I thought I'd confirm that I do see the same thing. Oh, BTW, I'm also on T-Mo.

Mark
Thanks...and I agree, its not a bad thing as it allows me to go through later and see if there was something I wanted to keep. That said, I was just trying to figure out where the preference were for this feature. Now I know it does not exist.
Closed Thread