Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
ZJacoby
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verzion
Default PocketMac and BB 8700g Problems with iCal Sync

Please Login to Remove!

I got everything to sync except my iCal. Does anyone know why? Yes, I do have calendar selected to sync with iCal but it is not doing it.

I also have the application called iCal Printer on my powerbook, not sure if this has any effect.

-Zak
Old 07-22-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
peznut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJacoby
I got everything to sync except my iCal. Does anyone know why? Yes, I do have calendar selected to sync with iCal but it is not doing it.

I also have the application called iCal Printer on my powerbook, not sure if this has any effect.

-Zak
What exactly is happening (or not) when you sync? Does any data transfer from iCal to your BB, or vice versa? Do you receive an error? Does PM freeze?

One problem I've found with PM is that it is always better to do the full sync (contacts, calendar, tasks and notes) then to select only the one you want from the drop down menu bar in the upper right. For some reason, even if I've only changed one iCal entry and want to update my BB, if I try to sync only the calendar, PM either stops responding or seriously screws up my BB by duplicating entries, trying to delete stuff, etc.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:04 AM   #3
arul
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: maxis

I've had this problem as well. And i think it had something to do with an option i selected when it synced the first time. When it was reading the calendar (and task) data, there was a Calendar Sync Device/Tool dialog box (or something like that) which popped up asking if i wanted it to sync all my calendars - i had originally clicked "Do Not Allow".

What I did to resolve it was to go to /Users/[yourname]/library/Application Support/PocketMac/ directory. Look for your device file (should look like "Blackberry#######"). This is the same device description shown on PocketMac for Blackberry dialog box.

I delete the device file, and re-synced. This time, I clicked "Allow" and the calendar info synced beautifully.

The above steps worked with me, which doesnt mean it will for you. Pls make sure you back up your Mac as well as Blackberry before you try this. Try at your own risk!

Good luck
Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
thomasb3

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I had the same issue with my 8700c the other day and just got it fixed today. I ran the uninstall software on my MacBook several times and reinstalled PocketMac several times with no luck. What worked for me was after uninstalling one more time I spotlighted PocketMac on my MacBook and found that not everything had uninstalled such as the sync logs in the form of .plist in the library. Once I deleted those and reinstalled PocketMac I was back in business, after looking back on my several install attempts and trying to setup what programs I wanted to sync with PocketMac always had the boxes checked for what programs I synced to before. When I removed the .plist items I was able to recheck the programs from scratch. I hope this helps anyone who has been down this road because I was getting very frustrated I use my blackberry calendar to keep track of jobs and hours spent at that job as well as upcoming appointments and then transfer to my Mac of an evening because I run a lot of service calls in a days time and retyping them in is a bit unhandy. I was very close to getting Mark Space sync software, but I have to say PocketMac had worked flawlessly for me until the other day when I had shut down my MacBook prematurely during a home folder disk space recovery event and I believe that is what messed it up for me, it had messed up a few other things as well but all is good now. Like I said I hope this helps. If I can provide anymore assistance email me.
Closed Thread