BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
stileshingles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Can you use MMS to email a .wav file to an 8700g?

Please Login to Remove!

Is it possible to email an MMS message with a .wav file to an 8700g on T-mobile?

If so, what email address would you use? Would it be [phone number]@tmomail.net?
Old 05-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

yep. and yep. it gets converted and has a PLAY button within the message. it can only handle up to a certain file size, though. i do know that 700KB is too large and that 75KB is just fine.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
stileshingles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

When I send a message with a wav attachment to [phone number]@tmomail.net I'm getting text that says <<[file name].wav>> but I don't see any option to open or play the the wav file. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I'm testing this with a 55kb wav file, so I don't think the size of the wav file is an issue.

EDIT: Just to clarify what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to send this message PC to BB. I'm trying to send an MMS with a wav attachment via MS Outlook using the [phone number]@tmomail.net email address. I'm not trying to do this BB to BB.

Last edited by stileshingles; 05-29-2006 at 10:33 AM..
Closed Thread