Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
stileshingles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Client Computer Sync Problem

Please Login to Remove!

We're using Small Business Server 2003 to host Exchange and BES 4.1. Here's my situation:
  • If email is sent to either a user's Exchange email address it syncs properly
  • If email is sent to an outside email address but is downloaded to the user's Exchange account via a POP3 connector on the Exchange server, then it syncs properly
  • PROBLEM: (1) If email is sent to an outside email address, (2) downloaded to the user's personal computer (as opposed to downloaded via the POP3 connector on the server) and (3) that email is then properly synced with Exchange then that email will NOT sync with the user's BlackBerry device.

I have confirmed over and over again that these emails are being synced with the Exchange server. They just aren't making it to the BlackBerry device.
I have also confirmed that this problem exists whether an email is filed into a subfolder or left in the user's root inbox folder.

Does anybody have any clue why an email downloaded to a client computer and then sync with that user's Exchange account would not properly sync with the user's BlackBerry device?

Any help would be much obliged. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:07 AM   #2
Divesnoopy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

The BES always monitor user's mail box (by default is inbox only) that on the exchange server. On the other hand, the BES doesn't monitor uses's personal folder. I think your user move the mail to personal or sub-folders. If your user move the mail to sub-folder which on the MS Exchange, you can select the respective sub-folder from the BDM, BB and the BES folder redirection.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #3
stileshingles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divesnoopy
The BES always monitor user's mail box (by default is inbox only) that on the exchange server. On the other hand, the BES doesn't monitor uses's personal folder. I think your user move the mail to personal or sub-folders. If your user move the mail to sub-folder which on the MS Exchange, you can select the respective sub-folder from the BDM, BB and the BES folder redirection.
I double checked both that the (1) all subfolders were selected for redirection and (2) even the root inbox folder (which is also still selected) doesn't sync.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
Divesnoopy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

How many BES users have this problem? Is the user's status is "Running"? Did you check user's outlook configuration? Can the user send and receive email from the BB when his / her PC is shut down? Do you check the debug log?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
stileshingles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
How many BES users have this problem?
There are a total of three users on BES. Only one user has this problem.

Quote:
Is the user's status is "Running"?
Yes. He receives emails on his BlackBerry just fine as long as they are downloaded by the server's POP3 connector.

Quote:
Did you check user's outlook configuration?
I'm not sure what to check here.

Quote:
Can the user send and receive email from the BB when his / her PC is shut down?
Yes.

Quote:
Do you check the debug log?
No. I'm not sure what to check here either.
Closed Thread