Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
MarieAn

Model: 9550S
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Iraq
Angry Unlocked 9550 Storm

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,

I was hoping if I can find someone to help me.

I purchased an unlocked Storm 9550 from ebay [Verizon unlocked device]. The device is currently being used in Iraq. I am able to call and receive phone calls and SMS, but mainly BBM and internet do not work. The device shows edge not EDGE. On my Homescreen Instead of 3G/GPRS/EDGE it gives me edge/3g/gprs Which means that BIS isnt activated on my account.I cannot access my Email or Browser because the BIS is not activated,I called my Carrier "Etisalat" Customer support nearly 20 times, And Everytime they Ask me to remove the battery and re-plug! Last time i checked they told me that in their systems it appeared my blackberry's BIS was indeed activated, But on my BB it was still edge, So I think the problem might be from the BB/Sim Card Is there anyway I can get this phone to work?

PLEASE HELPPPP

Thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
MarieAn

Model: 9550S
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Iraq
Default Re: Unlocked 9550 Storm

I removed the "Activation Required" portion by following the = = 000000
Old 04-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Unlocked 9550 Storm

edge (lower-case) means you're not in data coverage. BBM/email/web browser will not work.

EDGE (upper-case) means you have data coverage where you are.

You need to log into the BIS page for Etisalat and enter your PIN and IMEI to get the data plan pointed at your device. If you still have a Verizon data plan associated with the device from a previous owner you must get that owner to call Verizon and delete it.
Closed Thread