Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
RudyDMY

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Storm 2 problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and have a few questions/issues with my BlackBerry 9550 (Storm 2). In the past few weeks, particularly this last week and so far this one I've experienced an increase in the problems/glitches the phone experiences including, but not limited to, the following:
-Will receive a text but the flashing red light and new text icon do not stop or go away
-The flashing red light & text icon will flash and display, but no text received when I should have one (I had my gf send me a text from her Storm 2 as she sat next to me and it said delivered on her end but nada on mine)
-Phone randomly turns off my mobile network, wi-fi, and bluetooth
-Phone slows down so when moving from one screen to the next (i.e. from a text to my inbox or inbox to a specific text) the screen slowly slides to one side and stays black for a second before it flashes and displays the correct screen
-When it gets like what I displayed above I see a LONG delay in texts received and when attempting to text/email it blinks/flashes every second and skips letters I've texted so I have to go back and correct every other word.
-It deletes texts as soon as I get them. I'll be in my text inbox, I'll see the text arrive, the chime goes off, the light flashes, and then BAM. Gone before I can even click on it.

In the past I've had each of these except the mobile network issue and the deleted texts (and other minor ones I didn't list) but never this often and frequently. I know about the "battery trick" to cause a hard reset but it's gotten to the point where I have to do it once or twice a DAY, which to me is completely unacceptable.
I can't find a customer service number for BlackBerry cause their site seems to be designed only for businesses (which is another thing I'm appalled at).
Verizon seems to think that just cause the battery thing works that I should just keep doing, no matter how often it is.

I refuse to believe that having to reset the phone on a daily basis is the accepted way to resolve problems with the phone. Clearly with all these problems, and an increase in their frequency one would think there's something else going on.

Any help you guys can offer or suggest?? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Storm 2 problems

Have you loaded any apps or themes?

What were you doing just before this began to happen?

Have you dropped it or has it gotten wet?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
joesbirds

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&T
Default Re: Storm 2 problems

what is the os version. Also have you tried doing a security wipe..

joe
Closed Thread