Old 05-21-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
debayan

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Wink Using Blackberry browser through GPRS connection

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I know that this question must be published in this forum for the 'n'th time, but please bear with me.

I am from India and I use a unlocked Blackberry 8820 phone. The original provider seemed to be T mobile (as its name is printed at the bottom of the front face).

Now I have activated a BB simple plan by vodafone. It only allows us to configure e-mails but no browsing. So I normally browse using opera mini. Fortunately that installation has not given me any problems and I usually am able to browse the net (so far i.e!).

But the problem is that whenever I have any link on e-mail it automatically redirects to the BB browser and not Opera mini.

I have scouted this forum (and other forums) for a solution and I have configured my APN but it doesn't seem to help. Automatically I get this message.

"This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again."

Also I have seen that the default browser (in the browser settings) is Wi-Fi browser and you don't have any other option to change this!

So finally I am at my wits end and ask you all for help.

I need it badly and immediately!

Regards,
Debayan
Old 05-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
fratts
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TBayTEL

You cannot change the default browser on a BB. The only way that I know of getting around your problem is to either copy and paste the link into Opera Mini, or you can download Bolt browser, and the plug in to put a menu item that will allow you to open the link using Bolt.
Closed Thread