BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
ItsaRaid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: 217B8701
Carrier: AT&T
Default Escape Key Problem Hardware or Software?

Please Login to Remove!

Escape Key Issue/ Software or Hardware?

I have a fairly new Blackberry 9700, OS 5.0.0.405.(10 days old) The Device had a older OS on it and when I connected to Blackberry Desk Top Manager, it updated everything to the newest OS for AT&T. I have additionally installed Point and Pandora Apps-
Heres whats going on, depending on where I am within the Software Domain of the 9700, the Escape Key will sometimes work on the first "Push", sometimes it requiires mulltiple pushes or a Push and Hold to work.

Generally speaking if I am at Desk top Home screen and press the home key and stay in this area, the escape key will work on first press. If I go to Options, Applications, Build a list, add on, it requires multiple presses to work, It is indescriminate,, sometimes better sometimes worse.

Need a person who is a 9700 EXPERT, is this a software or Hardware Issue.

Are there any other issues on the phone, answer is Yes-
Basic Description of Difficulty, WiFi is not allowing me easy access at Starbucks (Free Hot Spot) Its giving me a login Window that wants a Member name or Credit card, I should be able to simply walk in to Starbucks hit okay and have access to free WiFi, like I did on the I-Phone

2nd Problem. Newest, latest BB Messenger, the barcode does not show properly when I send someone a message. Although it shows next to my User Name. Someone else from one of the forums, said it is a known issue, they have the same problem.

Hope to hear some thing soon-

Software Adds:
Pandora, Poynt, Google Quick and Weather Push

Thank You

Larry
Old 01-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

I believe this is a hardware issue. I have no problems with my 9700 and have heard nothing about the issue

1. This was a feature with ATT and apple/starbucks. There's not really anything you can do about this issue. It sucks for me as well. I got 3g everywhere anyways, so it doesn't bother me too much

2. The last few BBM releases have all had their share of problems... Just give ppl your pin instead
Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
shfawaz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the same problem with my escape button on my T-Mob Bold 9700. Don't know if it is hardware or software. Very frustrating.