BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
akdms
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Calendar sync questions - don't want invites to send, changing calendars

Please Login to Remove!

I've been having trouble with my BB sending invites out to attendees through my personal email when I sync my work Outlook calendar. I'm pretty sure I've resolved that issue (I think it was caused by syncing with Pocket Informant), but is there anyway to change it so that my BB will NEVER send an invite out without asking me first?

Also, I just did a sync with Outlook and it ended up going to my Facebook calendar. How do I fix this?

Finally, is there a way to add a third calendar (one for work, one for Facebook, one for personal info)? And is there any way to prevent BB Manager from syncing my Facebook and personal calendar with Outlook?

Thanks.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

On your first issue, I've not seen that. Maybe someone will recognize your problem right off, but you may need to describe your setup in more detail. Are your running BIS and BES, just BIS and sync'ing to a work computer ...? How many email addresses, and what are your settings in default services?

I'm wondering if your personal email is set in default services, and that is your default calendar. When you send a calendar invite, it will use that address unless you change it.

I don't know off hand why the invites are being sent when you sync.

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-23-2009 at 06:45 PM..
Old 11-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
akdms
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Just BIS. I don't have my work email on my BB--just my one personal email. I sync through the DM to my work computer.

I'm guessing to keep it from syncing to my Facebook calendar I just need to change the setting in default services? Not sure how that got changed. Calendar and messaging are now both set to my email--calendar was set to Facebook for some reason.

According to the guys at Pocket Informant the BB automatically sends invites automatically any change to the event occurs. PI can make some small changes to the event (like to the alarm, or something) causing the reminders to get sent (through my personal email, since that's the only one on the BB). The fix was simple enough--stop PI from syncing and just use the BB calendar (I use PI for tasks), but given the number of times I've sent invites for every event on my calendar (some of which have over a dozen attendees), I'm kind of paranoid about something else accidentally triggering the emails by doing something.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

I haven't used PI on the blackberry, and don't use Facebook.

I suspect the Facebook install is what changed your default services settings.

For what it's worth, here is what I experience:

I sync my blackberry to Outlook on my own personal computers, one of which runs Outlook. I almost always create and edit calendar entries on the blackberry. If I edit a calendar entry that includes invites, I am always prompted to send the update to invitees. I can opt to not do so. But I am prompted every time. And invites are not sent or resent when I sync to Outlook.

That's for what it's worth in case it gives you any clues. Personally, I think something -- PI ? -- is sending the invite updates without your permission, or maybe there's a setting, in whatever app is doing it, to prompt or not prompt. I see the auto send as a serious flaw if you can't turn it off. Having to not use PI to correct the problem strikes me as bad design.

Last edited by aiharkness; 11-24-2009 at 08:51 AM..
Closed Thread