Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
JSims54

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Bluetooth Send Level Problem with V4.7.1.40

Please Login to Remove!

I recently upgraded from a Moto Q to the Tour on my new every 2 program with Verizon. I have gone slowly with the BB as this is my first time to use one. Last week I paired my Tour with my Plantronics Voyager 510 headset and then also seperatley with a Dual BTM60 Handsfree Bluetooth Module for a Dual XHD6425 HD radio. I quickly had people I was talking to telling me that they could not hear me well and that the level I was sending them was extremely low. (No, I did not have the Tour connected to both Blue Tooth devices at the same time, it was only connected to one at a time.) Both of these blue tooth devises had worked very well with the Moto Q.

Since Sunday evening, I have spent several hours talking with both Verizon and Bluetooth technical support. Each of them tried to sell me one of their Bluetooth devices, but could not verify that I would not have the same problem. I exchanged my Tour (which I got on 8/5) for a new one out of the box with Verizon on Monday 8/24. The new Tour was the same as the original one, except I got to set up the new one all over again.

Eventually BB had me reload the OS without any of my data (FYI we did try Media/Options/Audio Boost On, but this made little difference either.) Scott at BB told me he had found an open case with known problems from various users using various blue tooth devices with a BB using OS V4.7.1.40. The problem is apparently with that software, any version above 4.7. The BB website indicated the BB HS655+ blue tooth headset will work with the Tour and it's software, but nobody in the BB support center had tried it. They agreed to try that headset with a Tour in their office and report back to me......you guessed it...I have not heard back from them and will be suprised if I do.

I am a busy marketing rep who frequently travels out of my one man office and forwards the office phone to my cell. I use the blue tooth devices all the time to ensure I am in communciation with those that need to reach me. BB support basically admitted a known problem exists with the software and the level sent to callers through a blue tooth device, but could not tell me when they might have a fix available for this problem. Further they told me that when they do have a fix, Verizon may choose to not make it generally available or may delay it's release for a prolonged time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Have you reported it to Verizon and BB support? If not, will you please do so? Thanks!

Secondly, is anyone using a blue tooth headset with the Tour successfully, that is, the person to whom you are talking has sufficient level to hear and understand you? I would be interested to know the brand and model of blue tooth headset that your are using with the Tour successfully. Neither Verizon nor BB support could give me that information for even one model.

Thanks in advance for your input. I just found this forum today and have learned seveal things already.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
ffejie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

Yes, I have had some people complain about my audio level on my Jawbone while on the Tour.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
nothal

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Angry Tour Bluetooth Issues with Plantronics Voyager Pro

Per Plantronics support, they have heard from multiple sources that there are issues pairing Bluetooth 2.1 devices with the BlackBerry Tour.

I have had the following issues with 3 different Plantronics Voyager Pro headsets and the BlackBerry Tour:

1. Callers cannot hear me well

2. Connectivity issues:

a. When the headset / handset first connect while NOT on a call, the headset activates as if on a call (i hear the 3 beeps; 2 low 1 high). Presumably the headset and handset are consuming extra power as if on a call.

b. Headset call controls fail; call control does not hang up calls, even the mute function (holding vol up and down simultaneously) does nothing at all (surprising since it should not require communication with the handset)

Last edited by nothal; 10-29-2009 at 01:52 PM..
Old 10-30-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
jmosssr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930

There are several responses on similar questions that say that upgrading the OS should correct the problem.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
nothal

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Agreed. Waiting for Verizon Wireless to publish one. About a month ago they had one out there for a few hours, then pulled it because it was bricking devices. Apparently 5.0 is "coming" but no indicator of when we'll see it....
Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
F5fstop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I'm using a Motorola H710. Today, one person told me it was hard to hear me while on the BT. Next call, using the bluetooth, and the person said I was loud and clear.

Only differences in calls were, the person who had trouble hearing me was in Flint MI, the person who heard me loud and clear was in Clinton Twp MI (I'm in Moab, UT).

Also, all the controls work on the 710 when connected to the BB. I can adjust the sound up/down, disconnect, and when disconnected, pushing the button on the BB goes into voice calling. (Do not have voice calling setup so could not test to see if the feature worked totally.)

The one person who heard me loud and clear stated that when she is talking in Flint, it was sometimes hard to hear anyone; regardless of the type of phone or if they were using BB. So, possibly, the wireless network in one area has a problem.

I'll continue to test out the 710 tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
frseattle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: TOUR

As I posted in my earlier message, this problem will be fixed with .61 OS.
Closed Thread