Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
AMoe

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Trouble w/ Outlook Email

Please Login to Remove!

My company recently switched from a POP3 mail server to a Microsoft Exchange Server. Since the switchover I'd run into some issues with the email on my BB. Our IT guy is swamped w/more important problems from the conversion so I'm trying to troubleshoot this on my own. First issue is with my email folders. I have rules setup in outlook that place certain emails in folders. When those emails go to my BB, they go straight into the designated folder. How can I get the emails to first show up in my BB inbox so i don't have to search through my folders every time to find the email? Next issue is with reconciliation. On POP3, there was no reconciliation. Now however, I believe we have that capability and the IT guy said he set me up. Currently, my BB is not reconciling UNLESS it's connected to my DT via USB cable, so this really doesn't seem wireless??? Even in this situation (when connected) it will only reconcile if changes are made on the BB. For instance, if I delete or mark as read on my BB the same occurs on my DT. But the opposite is not true (DT to BB). If possible, how can I get wireless reconciliation to work correctly?

Email settings are as follows:
Email Setting - Desktop (rather than [email address])
Emails Recon
Message Services - [email address] (rather than desktop)
Delete On - Mailbox and Handheld
Wireless Recon - On
On Conflicts - Mailbox wins

Thanks in advance
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

For the Rules you have set up sending email to a folder, they will only show up in the Messaages Inbox until they are read. As soon as they are read, they will disappear from the Inbox and you have to open the folder. That's the way it works.

To quickly go to a folder, you can create ALT+ searches for each folder (although, not sure how many you have). For example, you can create a search so that if you press ALT+B it opens all messages in the 'Bob' folder.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
AMoe

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A

My emails are going directly to the folders on my BB, not the main inbox.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #4
besadmin23
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold

AMoe, it would help if you can provide a bit more detail. When you say your company switched to Exchange, did your company also get a Blackberry Enterprise Server? How is Outlook getting your mail? Via an exchange profile or via pop or imap. Exchange has the ability to do both as well. These are just some details that will help. Did you ever go through an Enterprise Activation after the switch to Exchange? This will help determine if you are using Exchange and a BES. From your description, it sounds like maybe not. This will change the behavior signifigantly.
Closed Thread