BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:44 AM   #1
michael.t

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SFR
Default Lotus to exchange, no big interruption and licensing ?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
We are planning to migrate from lotus 8.5 to exchange 2007 sp1 rollup 9. I know how to migrate from lotus to exchange but I miss the blackberry part. We have BES 4.1.6. We can't migrate all users in one time because some mailboxes are very huge (10gb+ : yeah I know it's bad but it has been done like this). Because of these sizes, we have to migrate users one by one but now comes the blackberry part. We have a BES license for lotus domino. I know that a migration license of 2 days exists but I really think it's too short (except if I don't sleep, don't eat for 2 days). Moreover, users are travelling and are not all at desk at the same time so 2 days migration is impossible.
Can I find a BES Exchange license (i.e. for 30 days) to migrate and after put the real exchange license without killing users configured on this server ? With this, users can still use BES for lotus and migrated users can use BES for exchange right ? I know that users will have an interruption because I need to kill old user account to create new accounts on new server.

Thank you
Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Do you have T-Support? IIRC Tx3 or above gets you a free migration kit. Otherwise ... you'll need to buy a new license (or get a temp SRP from someone).

As long as you have 2 separate SRPs and appropriate CALs you'll be in compliance with licensing, will have a supported environment and all users will have functionality within their respective systems.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

If you have TSupport give them a call to request a temp SRP cand CAL. I've request temp SRP and CALs before for upgrade testing.