BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
Cameronrs5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Can anyone access their bold via my computer in windows?

Please Login to Remove!

This is my 3rd post on this subject I am still trying to find someone to help me. So before you respond please read this carefully.

Mass Storage Mode Support is on.

On my Curve when I would plug it into the computer a drive letter would show up in my computer for my phone. I could double click on it and view all the stuff on my media card. For some reason with this Bold when I connect it, no drive letter shows up in my computer. How can I look at the folders on my media card from my computer for easy transfer of files etc?

Thanks!

Cameron
Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

It works for me.
Is the option for:
"auto enable mass storage mode when connected" on, off or prompt?

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Nikon1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT [UL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronrs5 View Post
This is my 3rd post on this subject I am still trying to find someone to help me. So before you respond please read this carefully.

On my Curve when I would plug it into the computer a drive letter would show up in my computer for my phone. I could double click on it and view all the stuff on my media card. For some reason with this Bold when I connect it, no drive letter shows up in my computer. How can I look at the folders on my media card from my computer for easy transfer of files etc?

Thanks!

Cameron
If I understand your problem: When you plug your BlackBerry into your Windows-based computers, your computer does not see either the BlackBerry or the SD card as added drives? Does BlackBerry Desktop Manager see your phone, but the computer does not see either your phone or SD card as added drives? If I'm on target so far, the solution can be found at the following web-site (pinstack.com)

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - Discussed in BlackBerry Multimedia forum - PinStack.com - Smartphone Professionals Alliance.

You will have to join this site to download the files, but they are another great source of information and help on our BlackBerrys, so join in and consider it another forum for help.

Follow the instructions - your BlackBerry will reboot and your Windows system should see and assign drive letters to both your BlackBerry and your SD media card.

Please post back if this solves your problem.

John

Last edited by Nikon1; 08-12-2009 at 06:40 PM..
Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #4
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronrs5 View Post

Thanks!

Cameron
Sometimes windows does not assign the proper drive letter, or, maybe no drive letter at all. to fix this:

On your computer,
right cklick "my computer", choose "manage", then under "storage",
"Disk management"
Compare the disks you see here to what you see under "my computer".
If the BB and its two disks are listed here, maybe windows did not assingn a drive letter, oder it did assign a drive letter, which is used otherwise.

If this is the case:
right click in on the volume in question, "change drive letter and path",
now, choose something which is availible.

Otherwise:
take your BB to someone who has a MacOSX machine with a current OS.
plug in the BB. Wait for 30 seconds. If the volumes dont pop up on the desktop, you now know at least it is not the Blackberrys fault or settings problem.
If the volumes appear on the MacOSX machine, there is a Software problem on your Windows PC.

Last edited by nobody7290; 08-16-2009 at 09:05 AM..
Closed Thread