Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
hard10
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel / VZW
Default Otterbox for Tour

Please Login to Remove!

I had read here that there were some problems with fitment on the Tour. I can tell y'all that this is one of the best phone protectors I have ever used! I installed it last night in about 5 minutes. It covers the whole phone with a plastic housing and a membrane over the keypad. I had no problems with the buttons functioning. I only wish I had gotten it before the first drop.
Found it on eBay from cellphone_experts for $39.99.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
ace2001

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

I too just received my Otterbox case for my tour and I love it!!! I did not get the Defender but the 'cheaper' one. I definitely have no 'fit' problems at all
Old 08-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
JuniorABCA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telus

With the defender series, do you find that you have problems with pressing the keys on the outer sides of the keyboard (alt, Q, P, Del, Enter)? This is the only reason that I am holding back from this one. I lked the case I had from Speck Products for the Pearl, but they have said that they have no plans to build one for the Tour...

If there is no problems then I think that I will be ordering this case as it seems to protect the most..

Jon
Old 08-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
hard10

Carrier: Alltel / VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorABCA View Post
With the defender series, do you find that you have problems with pressing the keys on the outer sides of the keyboard (alt, Q, P, Del, Enter)? This is the only reason that I am holding back from this one. I lked the case I had from Speck Products for the Pearl, but they have said that they have no plans to build one for the Tour...

If there is no problems then I think that I will be ordering this case as it seems to protect the most..

Jon
I have no problems at all. Admittedly, I'm not a speed typer, but I have not found it to be a problem. I can't tell you how many times this thing has saved my phone. I typically wear my phone on my belt and it's always falling off getting into the car. Well worth the money.
AJ
Old 08-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
JuniorABCA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Otterbox in Canada

Well I now have found one issue with this.. Nobody in Canada has the otterbox for the Tour available. I have called a few places local to me and thay all say it is not in yet. I have looked on the canadian website for Otterbox and they don't have it either. I looked at the US Otterbox site, but the shipping will be $46USD on top of the $40USD for the case.. Up here the price seems to be $70CDN which is lots cheaper than going through the states.. ARRGGHH!!!

Would like this case before I have an incident with the phone.. Does anyone know where it is available in Canada?? Particularly in Alberta??

Jon
Old 08-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
Seed65

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default belt clip

Hello,

I am very interested in the Otterbox cover, but wish it had a nice belt clip of some sort. Would I be able to fit the Tour with the Otterbox in the typical pouch belt clip that came with the Tour? I am guessing it will be too big.

How does everyone with the Otterbox carrry it? in your pocket?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
BeachBumSteve
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: T o' Bitters
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed65 View Post
Hello,

I am very interested in the Otterbox cover, but wish it had a nice belt clip of some sort. Would I be able to fit the Tour with the Otterbox in the typical pouch belt clip that came with the Tour? I am guessing it will be too big.

How does everyone with the Otterbox carrry it? in your pocket?

Thanks
The Defender model is supplied with a holster and belt clip.
See photos at BlackBerry Tour 9600 Defender Case // OtterBox.com

The Impact model is essentially a skin with no clip or case. You could pocket it or find some type of pouch or sleeve.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
outkast24

Model: 9600
Carrier: sprint

its too big and bulky
Old 09-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
JuniorABCA
Thumbs Must Hurt

I just got mine this past Friday and love it. It makes it a little bit bigger, but I am already used to that. I would totally recommend this case to anyone that is wanting some serious protection for their phone.

I am just glad I found one in Canada and it was the last one they had too. It is one of the ones that does not have any issue with the charge port as it works like a charm..

Jon
Closed Thread