Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:53 AM   #1
SteveO78

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default internet tethering prob

Please Login to Remove!

it started out i was usein my bb for internet on my comp and then it just stoped workin wont reconize the phone wont do anything bb manager wont reconize it vz wont tryed every thing bat pull didnt work unistallin re installin didnt work installed bb manager on my laptop and it worked reconized it but not my desk top any suggestion
Old 05-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
jbairdjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

???
Old 05-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
WMedley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO78 View Post
it started out i was usein my bb for internet on my comp and then it just stoped workin wont reconize the phone wont do anything bb manager wont reconize it vz wont tryed every thing bat pull didnt work unistallin re installin didnt work installed bb manager on my laptop and it worked reconized it but not my desk top any suggestion

As my daughter would say: 'Wha say wha say wha?" I'm not following you here. let me see if i have this straight.

You pay for tethering, it was working, then stoppped, computer wouldn't reconize the device when it was tethered(i'm assuming you use the USB cable) you have tried to do a battery pull, un-installed and re-installed something(what did you reinstall) installed bb manager on laptop and it worked, but doesn't work on your desktop.

Does that about cover it?

Lets try this. Un-install DM from your desktop, uninstal the vzaccess software, go to device manager make sure that it doesn't show your BB, if it does delete it from Device manager. Reboot your computer. re-install DM, reboot and then connect your blackberry. Does the OS/DM now see your device? if so then you are good to install vzaccess again, if not then you have an OS issue(corrupt BB device driver) search the forums or google to see how to remove the device driver from your particular OS(should be the same file name for all windows OSes)

Let me know how you make out after that.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
SteveO78

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

well i tryed everything and nothing worked after i installed vzaccess on my lap top then it didnt reconize it either after like 2 hours with the tech people goin into the os and deleting stuff and nothing worked they just sent me a new phone
Closed Thread