BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo
Default QuickLaunch Review!

Please Login to Remove!

I know this has probably been discussed and reviewd, but I just wanted to take a few minutes and give some of my opinions on this application. I have been using it since it was in beta for the 8900, and just loaded another beta (1.5) on my 8900, and I am loving it.

One of the best things I like about this application is the ability to customize. You can now change just about everything to view it exactly how you want. In the new beta, you can customize colors of the text. One of the problems I would occasionally have in some of the beta themes using Plazmic is the inability to see the text depending on the menu colors of the theme. Now you can change the text color to one of several colors eliminating that issue.

By far my favorite feature of this is basis of the program. If I am typing an email, and my BBM indicator goes off informing me I have a new message, normally you would have to save the email ( hoping you don't make an error and NOT SAVE THE DRAFT!) and skip over to your BB Message. With Quicklaunch, simply set a convenience key to open QL, scroll to BBM, and open it. Seamlessly switch back and forth, or head to the browser, or nearly any other application on your BB.

You can also add websites you frequent, different videos or pictures you have stored on your media card, or any document you may have. Just launch Quicklaunch from any screen on your BB, and open that Victoria Secrets Fashion show video you downloaded from Bla1ze's site =)

If you have a UMA enabled device like I do, one of the worst things that happens to me is when I automatically connect to a wifi connection when I'm on the fringe of the signal, and then I get a call that gets dumped. Well, with QL, easily toggle wifi on/off to eliminate this feature!

You can add separators to organize the items you launch, however I don't use that feature.

The long and short is, give the free trial a go. Play around with it. Everyone can find different advantages that suits their individual needs. The real kicker is the application is under $5. How many of us drop $7 on a theme that we don't even know if we'll like once loaded on our device.

I have attached some screens of the application for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to PM me or post here any questions and I'll do my best to answer!

Unless things have changed and devices have been added, the application is compatible with the Storm, 8900, Bold, 83xx and 81xx devices.

The application can be downloaded from: QuickLaunch - NOW ALSO FOR 81xx! Launch Apps, Websites, Email, SMS, Phone #'s, Media files and more! - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ql1.gif
Views:	70
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	15948   Click image for larger version

Name:	ql2.gif
Views:	39
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	15949   Click image for larger version

Name:	ql3.gif
Views:	44
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	15950   Click image for larger version

Name:	ql4.gif
Views:	30
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	15951   Click image for larger version

Name:	ql5.gif
Views:	27
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	15952  

Old 05-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
rugmankc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

A couple thoughts,

What happens to the other Icons on the home screen that you did not add to QL.

And, has anyone tried to delete the program if no longer wanted; and what condition was the home screen left in.

Ken