Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
J86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Screen Issues

Please Login to Remove!

If you are holding a storm in your hand, the top left/middle of my screen have become harder and harder to click, right along the edge of the phone. You can defiantly notice a difference versus other areas of the screen. Anyone else had an issue like this? It getting to the point where using the full keyboard is getting to be an issue.
I have only had my phone for 3 months or so. I haven't abused it or anything, just normal use. Think Verizon will do anything about it? It's bogus I have an issues with only a 3 month old phone.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
93lt1z28

Model: 530
PIN: N/A

i know what you mean, things can be frustrating with the storm.
but i still love my storm, i have faith, things will get better.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
J86
Thumbs Must Hurt

No doubt, I love it. I would just like the full screen to work so I can type away!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:01 AM   #4
joethebee
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
Carrier: Telkomsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_5 View Post
If you are holding a storm in your hand, the top left/middle of my screen have become harder and harder to click, right along the edge of the phone. You can defiantly notice a difference versus other areas of the screen. Anyone else had an issue like this? It getting to the point where using the full keyboard is getting to be an issue.
I have only had my phone for 3 months or so. I haven't abused it or anything, just normal use. Think Verizon will do anything about it? It's bogus I have an issues with only a 3 month old phone.
yup ... mine too. above the end call button.

How to fix ? or must replace the unit with new one
Old 04-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
trtung

Model: 8700
Carrier: mobifone

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethebee View Post
yup ... mine too. above the end call button.

How to fix ? or must replace the unit with new one
yes, under the screen is a Al-Mg alloy piece to reinforce the screen, RIM used 2 vendor to made it, one very hard to push at 4 corner, if your BB made in Hungary, 90 percent you got that
Old 04-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Sniperet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_5 View Post
Screen click issues have been common since the Storm was released. There are a several ways to fix it just Google "Storm screen click problem".

The way I fixed mine was to adjust the two screws near the center of the phone under the battery cover. I just had to unscrew the screws about 1/4 turn, others have reported having to do more. I would suggest unscrewing the screws a little at a time while checking your screen function.

Another reported fix was to put a piece of a business card under the battery, I didn't think this was a good idea.

The Storm case is flexed very easily and places stress on the click mechanism. After I got mine working good I bought a hard plastic case that caused the screen to not click at all, the fix I found for that was to very slightly bend the battery cover, go figure.

Last edited by Sniperet; 04-06-2009 at 03:01 PM..
Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
J86
Thumbs Must Hurt

I tried all of the fixes (screws, card, etc) but nothing worked. That one spot wouldn't work still. It may have been like this since I got the phone. I never used the full keyboard until recently when I started to use e-mail more and more and composed longer messages.
I stopped in at a Verizon store, show the person I talked to my issue. He took a quick look and gave me a replacement. Simple as that.

Last edited by J86; 04-06-2009 at 08:12 PM..
Closed Thread