Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 03:49 AM   #1
Laterals

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default No service, constant self rebooting

Please Login to Remove!

I had this 8310 curve for over a year, only has a little bit of wear and tear. no cracks, never got wet, screen is intact. But this phone has been dropped. There's nothing jiggling around in there.

I noticed earlier this morning it would loose service and my phone would search for connection, seems like it gets frustrated and reboots. It shuts down completely, as if you removed the battery. Once it restarts, it searches again, then automatically reboots and so on. I have a feeling it's not a service issue but the device its self.

I've shut it down for an hour, removed the battery, sim card, and media card, tried a different battery, used a fully charged battery. Haven't reloaded my OS.

What's wrong with this phone?

Update: I was just fiddling with it and I taped down the battery out of desperation and my phone was able to connect. For a short while till I nudged my phone. I took the tape off then I pretty much restarted with my phone face down, and it connected. But, I slapped the front of the phone gently, and it disconnected. Is there a part that is loose that has to do with battery and connection? maybe a wire? Not familiar with that anatomy with cellular phones.

Last edited by Laterals; 03-07-2009 at 05:49 AM..
Old 03-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

It appears the casings or nodules that connect with the battery are loose. There are companies that may be able to fix it. However, it may be cheaper to get a refurbished phone if you are NOT using your contract. If you have insurance, that is something else to consider.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
Laterals

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

It appears the casings or nodules that connect with the battery are loose. There are companies that may be able to fix it. However, it may be cheaper to get a refurbished phone if you are NOT using your contract. If you have insurance, that is something else to consider.

Any companies you can recommended?

If it was only a power problem then wouldn't my phone reboot with any movement regardless if I have service or not? It only turns off when it has service and when its moved. When I do not have service I can move it.

This is starting to sound more like a problem with the computer in my phone then something physical, or both.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
hgils

Carrier: att

yes mine does same thing . I can hit it on the bottom of the phone when it has shut down .. Then the red led indicator will come on and it will reboot. So it is something perhaps a bad solder joint ? My friends did same exact thing.

Every time I see a referb phone add I select purchase and get referred to ATT my local service center and no referb phone available there . I haven't really spent a great deal of time looking for new phone because my funds are so limited at moment. Referb would do me just fine just need to find one.
I guess that I will take apart this one and check the board to look at why this obvious defect is happening if it is something loose it can be repaired! I can do it unless it is inside of some component ! It unusable as is so really have little to loose
Closed Thread