Old 03-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Timmychunga
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Phone Randomly Turning off.

Please Login to Remove!

My phone for the past few days has been randomly turning on and off andf when it turns back on it takes up to an hour to start up. the screen will turn on and show the little clock thing but then it goes black (the screen is still on) and the red LED will stay on. Any ideas?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Maybe a memory leak. It could also be an issue with a memory card.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
bbcrackman

Model: a few
PIN: yes
Carrier: verizon / TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmychunga View Post
My phone for the past few days has been randomly turning on and off andf when it turns back on it takes up to an hour to start up. the screen will turn on and show the little clock thing but then it goes black (the screen is still on) and the red LED will stay on. Any ideas?
Just out of curiosity what OS are you running?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #4
imbudder

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

This has been happening to me since I bought the 9530 the day it came out. More so since I upgraded to .75
Old 03-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
Rowdie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbudder View Post
This has been happening to me since I bought the 9530 the day it came out. More so since I upgraded to .75
the hour to start back up as well? Or was that hyperbole?

This random restart happens to everyone, right everyone?

What I"m wondering is just how often.

It happens to me, can't say how much because I'm not constantly watching my phone but I notice it about every other day or so and would guess that means it's happening pretty much every day.

I have some sales people who claim it happens to them multiple times a day. Getting a number from them is impossible but I'd guess that means three times a day or more.

I was getting to be of the mind the restart was caused when the phone dropped service, or made a bad hand off between service towers. The idea being the person who traveled the most seems to experience it the most. That said, I'm willing to believe that the issue is also some how user related.

Is this the quite problem no one talks about? It seems to be universal and storm owners have to to accept it on some level. ??

About the .75 update the person who has it happen the most often and the person that has it happen least often are the only two with the .75 update everyone else here is running .65. So In my experience which os between those two you're running makes no difference.

Every verizon rep I talk to is wait for an official OS update.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
rhn1975
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VzW

I've only had my phone restart once or twice since I've had it over the past two months. I recall it happened once when I was on a call and trying to switch the audi to my bluetooth. The amount of time it took to restart was a min or so just like when you do a batter pull.

If you are experiencing this more often or it is taking too long to restart I suggest you take it back to VzW for diagnosis / repair / exchange. You're still under warranty so let them deal with it.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
sadosdemetrios
Thumbs Must Hurt

its done that to me like 4 times... something i can live with though
Closed Thread