BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
unwise

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Convert mailbox from BES to use BIS

Please Login to Remove!

I used to use BES (using the BES Express install just for me), but that box crashed hard (it was a VM).

So I had by that time moved to a G1, and didn't need the BES anymore, so I sort of forgot about it.

Now, I moved back to a blackberry, and would like to use the desktop redirector, as we do not have a corporate BES server.

BUT

Desktop redirector still sees my old BES server as holding my mailbox, and refuses to redirect.

Question:
How can I convert/remove the BES settings from my mailbox so I can start to use the desktop redirector?

Yes, I used my mailbox for the Admin Mailbox when I was on BES. I know that wasn't the right thing to do, and is likely why I have this problem.

I have searched for many hours on google and cannot find any answers to this question, although I have found other questions like this.

Last edited by unwise; 01-12-2009 at 05:02 PM..
Old 01-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

Use DBClean, it's designed to remove BB info from the mailbox. Just do a search for it here, it's been posted a few times.

Make sure that Outlook is pointed to the mailbox with BB info and run DBClean from the command line, do not double click the exe. Also, DO NOT RUN THIS ON A SERVER. You can mess up the Exchange Server if you do, just run it from a workstation.

That should get ya working.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
unwise

Default DBClean didn't work

I sat on the phone for an hour with RIM support, and we ran DBClean, which came up with "Nothing to do".

Wasn't able to get this cleaned out, and RIM basically gave up. I just ended up installing the BES professional edition on an XP box.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #4
gibson_hg

There is another option as well. Download MFC MAPI from Microsoft. This allows you to view the hidden folders in your mailbox. There should be a HandheldBBInfo(or something like that) folder, if you see this after removing your account from BES and running DBClean then the issue could actually be your mailbox. You can delete that folder using MFC MAPI and that should fix your issue.

Also, running BES on Windows XP is not supported and not recommended.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
unwise

Default Add and remove the user to any BES solves the problem

Finally found the solution to this.

Add the user's mailbox to any BES/BPS server, and then remove them. When the BES asks if you want to remove all settings from the user's mailbox, say yes.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
gibson_hg

That's what DBClean is supposed to do. The app isn't perfect, that's why I suggested using the MFCMAPI program. That way you can physically see the folder. Glad you got it working though.
Closed Thread