Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
FyreLance
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel
Default Cheer up, 8350i kid...

Please Login to Remove!

I've got an 8350i on the way. Ordered by my company.

This thread is for people to sing praise about how great their 8350i is, to cancel out the Bug List thread and the various other complaint threads, so that maybe I can feel less depressed about all these SMS/MMS issues.

So, who has an 8350i that's working great?!

Anyone?

I hope...
Old 12-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
JeffW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670
Carrier: Sprint

Mine works great except for a known issue with Bluetooth earpieces. Other that that works great.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850

For the most part I love mine... I can't say I have no complaints but it really is an awesome phone. I think they'll fix the bugs. Most are minor to me.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
FyreLance

I text a lot, so I guess this is why I'm looking for encouragement. lol.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
talos4

Carrier: nextel

Going from the 7100i to the 8350i I can say the phone is great!

I use mine for alot of document viewing while on the road. Other than choking a bit on some large Power points it's been trouble free!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
rick chi-town
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: pin me to the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos4 View Post

I use mine for alot of document viewing while on the road. Other than choking a bit on some large Power points it's been trouble free!
Ditto here... coming from about 3 diff 7100i's (that all sucked) and then an AT&T Curve (spotty service at best w/AT&T), I am here to tell you... this phone rocks! Don't let the negative posts here scare you away, you will absolutely love it!
The only real bugs I should mention from my experience are, well... none! 2 way direct connect, great. WiFi coverage and usability, great... (for that matter, internet browsing just on the iDen network is very good!)Text messaging, great. PIN messages, great. Email delivery, Blackberry legendary. Does that help?

Last edited by rick chi-town; 12-30-2008 at 04:03 PM..
Old 12-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
nicholaaaas
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 4025DF23

I have to say I'm pretty pissed with the MMS bug. and now when I delete the service books and do a master radio reset so i can get MMS for X amount of hours. after the hard reset when i turn it back on and register... my e-mail service books don't send. I have to go to bis and send them from there. They are going to get some phone calls if a fix isn't soon. And will be hearing from the FCC and my Attorney General (on an unrelated matter that I'm too tired to write about now)
Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
roveer

Many will see my name in posts about MMS and other annoying things with the 8350i but I will post here to say that once we get past some of those bugs this is actually a really great phone.

I was looking at some of the other BB's and I'm starting to think this may be one of the best looking ones to date. I'm waiting patiently for aftermarket accessories to appear. I currently have my 8350 in a chunky black skin which makes the phone way too big. I also have no way to clip it to my belt which makes it impossible to carry around. I hope eventually to find a perfect fit which also allows belt clipping with a quick release. Then I'll be content.

As for the bugs, once the MMS is fixed I really don't have any complaints. Well, just one. My 8350 is on BES Pro which does not support HTML mail. This is a bummer as I just learned the more expensive version of BES DOES support html mail. Apparently our OS on the 8350 does support it so I'm a little bummed that I have to look at html msgs as a bunch of url's. Otherwise, I'm still liking my berry!!!

Roveer
Old 12-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
KeyzBerry

Model: 8530

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos4 View Post

AGREED.....once my service books was sent out....EVERY PROBLEM on the bug List fix "well for me"

Last edited by KeyzBerry; 12-30-2008 at 06:18 PM..
Old 12-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #10
rick chi-town

Model: 9650
PIN: pin me to the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaaaas View Post
I have to say I'm pretty pissed with the MMS bug. and now when I delete the service books and do a master radio reset so i can get MMS for X amount of hours. after the hard reset when i turn it back on and register... my e-mail service books don't send. I have to go to bis and send them from there. They are going to get some phone calls if a fix isn't soon. And will be hearing from the FCC and my Attorney General (on an unrelated matter that I'm too tired to write about now)
If you look at the request of the OP, he is looking for some fluff here... those of us whose phones are working as intended. God knows there are enough threads filled with problems.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 PM   #11
HawgHead

PIN: N/A

I had problems with the MMS, but has worked ever since I did the hosting table thing, register. At night I put it on quiet and charge it, I am afraid to turn it off, because everything right now is cool...texting has never worked better.

I had a 7520, for a year, didn't want the 7100, because it didn't have the full keyboard...

With that said, I totally love this thing....I mean, love it, love it, love it...!

I love all the stuff you can do with it...I am constantly finding new stuff, and learning about it. Also, I have taken advantage of all the programs you can download to this phone, viigio is out of this world, and weatherbug is cool as heck....wifi, out of this world, I am lucky that everywhere I am for the most part is wifi'd so that is nice. The video with having a 7 year old, in a pinch without my video camera is nice, and the media disc, is a great feature, 16 GB here I come!

I don't know, I never did anything with the 7520, i got it for e-mail, as I did this one, but heck, I am actually taken time to learn how to do stuff, so this is all new to me, so I feel like I just took a step into the afterworld with this phone..LOL. I even found out about Google sync for my calendar...wow..LOL.

Anyway, I love it...have a goodrrrrrrr!

Your High Tech Redneck!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
tdawg2008

PIN: 402615c7

I got my replacement in the mail on 12/24. This one works alot better with mms/sms however, my Blackberry Internet Service says not connected but I can surf the web just fine?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
nypdcar1

PIN: 4025D9C9
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

For the most part I love mine... BUT I THINK IT WILL BE A BEETER unit if it did not use iden as the network and use the sprintside, i wish this was a hybrid then we all will be happy mms and sms will work while you are on a phone call just like my nextel ic902 did
Old 12-31-2008, 09:33 PM   #14
billbnj

Carrier: sprint nextel
Default DITTO !! Luv It, Luv It, Luv It !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
Ditto here... coming from about 3 diff 7100i's (that all sucked) and then an AT&T Curve (spotty service at best w/AT&T), I am here to tell you... this phone rocks! Don't let the negative posts here scare you away, you will absolutely love it!
The only real bugs I should mention from my experience are, well... none! 2 way direct connect, great. WiFi coverage and usability, great... (for that matter, internet browsing just on the iDen network is very good!)Text messaging, great. PIN messages, great. Email delivery, Blackberry legendary. Does that help?

Can't say enuff good things, Came from multiple 7100's also - Long Awaited, Much appreciated !!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:35 PM   #15
billbnj

Carrier: sprint nextel

Only phone I've truly liked better was the iPhone but in the Corporate world when you live and die with the IDEN PTT to communicate this is truly IT !!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:58 PM   #16
nicholaaaas
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 4025DF23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
If you look at the request of the OP, he is looking for some fluff here... those of us whose phones are working as intended. God knows there are enough threads filled with problems.
obviously i missed that part
Old 01-01-2009, 03:25 AM   #17
xion

Model: 9630
PIN: 30bc04e7
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
Mine works great except for a known issue with Bluetooth earpieces. Other that that works great.
What Known Bluetooth issue are you referring to?
Old 01-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #18
JeffW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670

Quote:
Originally Posted by xion View Post
What Known Bluetooth issue are you referring to?
None of the 3 bluetooth devices will work with voice dialing. According to customer service it is a known issue. I can use a bluetooth device but it will not work with voice dialing from the earpiece.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #19
RansZ28

Wirelessly posted

I love mine. I use redirector so I can't get my attachments but I will figure it out.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #20
hypnotiq

Once MMS/SMS is fixed ill love mine.
Closed Thread