Old 12-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
raerichard
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T- Mobile
Default Email Forwarding

Please Login to Remove!

My employer was unable to set me up within its BES. I set up my BB email account and have forwarded my work emails to that account so that I can recieve my work emails. However, I can not reply to the origional sender. When I do reply to emails, it only replys to my own work email...which is pointless. Is there any way to reply to the sender using my work email address name?
(I don't know if it matters, but my company has a portal login that I have to access prior to accessing my email login, so I can't even check my email online through my phone because of the security protection. I am not sure if this may prevent me from being able to reply to the sender)

Thanks for any help,
Old 12-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
RCA

Model: 9850
Carrier: Sprint

Have you tried setting the "Reply To:" in the "email set up" to your work email address. This can be found by logging into your T-Mobile online account, scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on "Set up BlackBerry Internet e-mail". Is this what your asking?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Of course it's replying to your work email -- that's where the email came from if you forwarded it to your personal email account. You can't reply to someone who didn't send the email (or is listed on the cc line). You're not going to be able to do what you want.

I would be more concerned with jeopardizing your job by trying to circumvent your company's security by forwarding the work email to your phone when they will not hook it up to BES nor allow you to otherwise access your work account through the phone. My company's written policy prohibits automatically forwarding my work email to a non company account -- since they pretty much use industry best practices for our security policies, I wouldn't be surprised if other companies also have the same policies.

Just a thought. Not sure about you but I like my job and getting a regular paycheck and wouldn't chance it.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by raerichard View Post
My employer was unable to set me up within its BES. I set up my BB email account and have forwarded my work emails to that account so that I can recieve my work emails.
See if they can offer you OWA, POP or IMAP access. If so, you can then properly integrate the account with BIS.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
raerichard

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T- Mobile

To the previous post by "carrolldf": thank you for your sudden concern for my employment, but the company specifically told me that I can forward my mail. I wouldn't be doing this if it was against policy. I don't appreciate you talking to me as if I am an idiot...I simply had a question.

To the rest of you,
thanks!! I will look into your suggestions.
Closed Thread