Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #1
jsf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T
Default Alternate option for screen protection with SkinTight

Please Login to Remove!

I recently started using the Speck SkinTight for my 7100t, and while I love the rubberized case itself (though the magnet keeps popping out on the holster, which is a pain) I'm finding that the plastic screen protector is doing just the opposite: it's scratching the hell out of my 7100t's screen.

My co-worker, who bought the same case, is having the exact same problem. it appears to be something with friction, since the screen protector slips around a little bit. We first noticed some marks, but took them as smudges. Then when we popped the screen protector out, we saw that both the protector and the screen itself were both scraped up.

I don't want to go without any sort of screen protection, but I also don't want this piece of plastic to ruin my screen. Any other ideas? I used to use these things called WriteRight's for my Palm V which was like a piece of Saran Wrap stuck to the screen. I looked around, but they don't seem to make them for the 7100t.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:54 PM   #2
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

I tell customers to discard that hard plastic cover and purchase these http://store.bizshopr.com/scrprotect.html they work great and last a long time on the unit. About a years supply in each pack.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 09-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
jsf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

How are these in terms of screen resolution? I remember the WriteRights I used to use on my Palm V killed the resolution, and I stopped using them after a while.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

The use of brands of stiffer screen protectors solve that problem, and you don't use a stylus on the BlackBerry screen so there is no wear-tear worry anymore.

Main problem is screen protectors don't generally have as good anti-glare during outdoor use, although they definitely resist fingerprints much better than the screen directly itself.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 09-23-2005, 11:02 AM   #5
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf
How are these in terms of screen resolution? I remember the WriteRights I used to use on my Palm V killed the resolution, and I stopped using them after a while.
The ScreenGuardz are very clear and Mark makes agood point... since the BB screen isn't touched the contrast on the BB version stays very good. I change my 7290 ScreenGuardz about every 8 weeks and my SX66 PocketPC (touchscreen) about every 3 weeks. ScreenGuardz puts 15 in the pack so you can change them on a regular basis and still have a years supply!

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Closed Thread