Johnny909
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms
Carrier: AT&T
Default BB Forums Spam

Please Login to Remove!

I got this spam email in my BB Forums mail box:

"""New Private Message at BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
From: BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community (DO_NOT_REPLY@BlackBerryForums.com)
Add contact
Sent:Sun 8/10/08 2:56 AM
To: [email address]

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL! ***************************

Dear Johnny909, You have received a new private message at BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community from agurowland, entitled "urgent respond". To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community This is the message that was sent: ***************

From Dr Rowland Agu.Auditing and Account ManagerLippo Bank Jakarta Indonesia. I am a staff of Lippo Bank Jakarta. I am writing following an opportunity in my office that will be of immense benefit to both of us.In my department I discovered an abandoned sum of Ten Million united state dollars ($10m) account that belongs to one of our foreign customers Late Mr.clerk Lund an American who unfortunately lost his life in the Tsunami disaster in Thailand 2005.including his wife and only daughter.since I got information about his death, I have been expecting his next of kin or relatives to come over and claim his money because THE bank cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines.Unfortunately I lent that his supposed next of kin being his only daughter died along with him in the Tsunami disaster leaving nobody with the knowledge of this fund behind for the claim. It is therefore upon this discovery that I decided to make business with you to enable the Bank release the money to you as the next of kin or beneficiary of the funds for safety keeping and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and I don't want this money to go back into Bank treasury as unclaimed bill.The banking law and guidelines here stipulates that such money remained after five years the money will be transferred into banking treasury as unclaimed funds.I agreed that 30% of this money will be for you as foreign partner,10% will be use to upset expenses that might in cure on the cost of making this transaction a success while 60% will be for me. Please note that all necessary arrangement for the smooth release of these funds to you has been finalized.You can contact me with my private email: [email address]y Regards,Dr Rowland Agu

*************** Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community You may also reply to this message via your HandHeld at the WAP site http://www.blackberryforums.com/wap/PM.php"""

Is there anyone else getting spam in their BB Forums mail box? I don't like spam and would like to get this stopped. Thanks.

J
Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

As mentioned in other threads, this account has been deleted.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

That spammer has been permanently banned from the forums. What is the member name you received this and when did you receive it?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Johnny909
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms

Thank you I do appreciate your responses.

The member name is/was: agurowland

This message was delivered at: 2:56 a.m., 8/10/08

I still have the message in my box.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Thanks. That's actually a second username. That user is banned and IP ban in place, as well. Please let us know if there are any more PM's/emails.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Moved to Site News, Suggestions & Problems Forum
Closed Thread