BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
BuZ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 83/88
Carrier: AT&T, Rogers, T-Mobile, Bell
Default Whatever happened to Reqwireless?

Please Login to Remove!

It appears their website has been 'undergoing reconstruction' for several months now. C'mon this is getting on my nerves already, we deserve an update!!!

Isn't anyone else eagerly anticipating a new version of Webviewer? It's about time those folks at RW release a more robust build that's replete with new features.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yep, it's been a while for them. I think they just gave up on development. I really think they do have some attributes that are better than the Blackberry Browser like loading pictures fasterand the cache system is quicker IMO.

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 08-10-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
foner
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 2 something...
Carrier: Rogers

Is there another app similar to the reqwireless webviewer? (webviewer spits errors 80% of the time on the Rogers network)
I can't believe there isn't another product to fill this gap
Old 08-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #4
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I think requireless is belly up not 100% certain but weird they havent reopened their site but you can still send a support ticket in
Old 08-11-2005, 07:01 AM   #5
pauldumais
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by foner
Is there another app similar to the reqwireless webviewer? (webviewer spits errors 80% of the time on the Rogers network)
I can't believe there isn't another product to fill this gap
On the Rogers network you should see an icon called "Internet Browser" this will allow you to browse the internet with your BlackBerry. You might need the latest OS from the Rogers site.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:15 AM   #6
cbotd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7230

handago is no longer selling the reqwireless software. Looks grim for new versions of the browser and e-mail viewer.

If you have acurrent version license and would like to sell it, I know of at least one bb user that would buy one.

My reqwireless works bout 95% on the t-mobile network. There is a java browser available for free on handago.

I've never used it and don't know if it's:
1.) any good
2.) really free. There may be a monthly or yearly subscription fee
Old 08-16-2005, 03:08 PM   #7
davidboydca
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Reqwiress has been bought by Opera

My theory is that they have been purchased by Opera.

Why?

The best seller on Handango with 5 million client activations, suddenly, without notice goes completely dark.

Then this:

http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1573

Does this product sound familiar? It's the same technology design as WebViewer.

David Boyd
Freerange Inc.

Last edited by davidboydca; 08-16-2005 at 03:18 PM..
Old 08-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
Al Bondigas

Model: 7520
Exclamation Alternate solutions for Reqwireless EmailViewer?

With the rumors of a possible demise for Reqwireless swirling , does anyone here have a recommendation for an alternate solution to allow a "small" company to add a few one-off Blackberries to the existing pool? We are not in a position to implement a BES server at this time.

We were a reqwireless customer - mostly for EmailViewer, waiting for the other shoe to fall...

Of course the BB's have made their way into the company from management - so it's not going to be fun if reqwireless emailviewer (as currently configured) just stops working...

What I need to find is an solution that will give me item #4 From Mark's exellent FAQ - What Are The Methods of Receiving Email On BlackBerry?

4. Third party email software such as Reqwireless EmailViewer or HotViewer or midlet-based email client. These software are not as good as the built-in BlackBerry push email but you can get third party email software and install them on the BlackBerry for those special exceptions that you don't want to integrate directly into the BlackBerry. Note: In order to be able to run third party email clients on the BlackBerry, you need either (a) BlackBerryOS 4.0 or later, or Nextel/Telus BlackBerryOS 3.7 or later ..... or (b) use a Blackberry Exchange Server, or a BES/MDS hosting service.

We are using Nextel Blackberries with OS versions 3.7 and later.

Thanks in advance,

Al
Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #9
stac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bondigas
With the rumors of a possible demise for Reqwireless swirling , does anyone here have a recommendation for an alternate solution to allow a "small" company to add a few one-off Blackberries to the existing pool? We are not in a position to implement a BES server at this time.

We were a reqwireless customer - mostly for EmailViewer, waiting for the other shoe to fall...

Of course the BB's have made their way into the company from management - so it's not going to be fun if reqwireless emailviewer (as currently configured) just stops working...

What I need to find is an solution that will give me item #4 From Mark's exellent FAQ - What Are The Methods of Receiving Email On BlackBerry?

4. Third party email software such as Reqwireless EmailViewer or HotViewer or midlet-based email client. These software are not as good as the built-in BlackBerry push email but you can get third party email software and install them on the BlackBerry for those special exceptions that you don't want to integrate directly into the BlackBerry. Note: In order to be able to run third party email clients on the BlackBerry, you need either (a) BlackBerryOS 4.0 or later, or Nextel/Telus BlackBerryOS 3.7 or later ..... or (b) use a Blackberry Exchange Server, or a BES/MDS hosting service.

Thanks in advance,

Al
I found a copy of WebViewer and have converted the jad/jar to cod if anyone is interested... just PM me. I have it working on my Pearl...

-S

'This one goes to eleven...'
Old 10-31-2006, 05:01 PM   #10
sainte

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell

Reqwireless was acquired by Google.

"Google Inc. (NasdaqNM: GOOG) has acquired Waterloo Ontario based Reqwireless Inc., National Post reported. "We acquired Reqwireless because of the talented engineers and great technology. We're thrilled to have them here," Google was quoted as saying. The acquisition closed in the summer of 2005. Waterloo Tech Digest initially reported the acquisition of Reqwireless by an unnamed entity in July 2005. Google did not disclose the financial terms of the acquisition..."
Old 01-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #11
MarkM

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bondigas

Thanks in advance,

Al
Hey guys,
I'm looking for the same solution, any suggestions I could use?

Thanks,
Mark
Closed Thread