Old 12-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
tricky_ott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Curve 8310 stereo headset and playback

Please Login to Remove!

I just got a wired stereo headset for listening to songs that I have on my microSD card. I have a couple of questions please.

1) When I first plugin the headset I get a high pitched ringing in one of the earbuds. Is this normal? It usually goes away when I start to play music.

2) I am only getting music at a hearable level on one side. If I take the louder one out of my ear I can just barely hear the other one. Is there some kind of a balance option, or is this possibly a problem with my jack? I'd prefer it to not be the headset and am trying it out on a friends BB.

Cheers.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
VicF
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I would bet the jack is meant for 3 contact right, left, and mic and the set you are using only has 2 with no mic. Not sure as but I had the same issue with 8800
Old 12-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
s4ivi124

Carrier: AT&T

If you are using the 8310 or the 8320 it might be the hearing aid option that is causing that... I'm not sure where exactly to go but I remeber seeing it... I'll post if I find how to get there...
Old 12-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #4
avmad
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ott View Post
I am only getting music at a hearable level on one side.
Yep - I get the high pitched noise too. Not sure why.

I have the same issue with headset use on the 8310. The strange thing is that the problem is not consistent.

I have a very nice Sony in-ear MDR-NC22 headset. I bought these to use with my previous BB 8800 and they make a very nice sound. (Of course to get them to work with the 8800 I had to get a Seido 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter).

If I plug in the Sonys, I only get sound from the left channel.

I also have a cheap (but actually quite decent) in-ear headset by a company called Kanon - through Amazon.
(Note: I bought several types of these Kanon headsets at £0.99 each cos they included a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter. The headsets are great. Sadly the adapters did not work with the 8800 though).

If I plug in the Kanon headset, the 8310 works fine, with correct stereo from both sides.

When viewed together, the plugs for the two headsets look identical (just standard 3.5mm, 3 contact stereo jacks).

I have tested both headsets in my laptop and they both work fine from that!!

I cannot explain this. Can anyone else?

Cheers!

avmad

ps: I had heard a rumour (an incorrect one actually) that the 8310 needs an adapter in the same way that a 8800 did. The suggestion I read somewhere was that an iPhone headset adapter would work. I bought a couple from fommy.co.uk but the short story is that these adapters do not work (which is obvious now, because one of my headsets does indeed work without any adapter).
Closed Thread