Old 03-18-2007, 04:30 AM   #41
jjrr
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: v

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdarden
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

A preview pane would be pretty sweet (like in outlook or on a WM5 device).
This is definitely a very good idea!

Thank you

The Link2 Team
Old 05-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #42
jtdarden

Model: 8xxx
PIN: member2393
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

Okay, this is not really an email application, but maybe you fine folks at Link2 can figure this one out. It sounds like a joke, but I think it would be a great application.

Bluesnarfing application that gives you the ability to pair your device with a bluetooth headset and speak to the device. The reason someone would want to use this application is so they can connect to one of those idiots who walk around with their bluetooth earpiece in all the time regardless of whether or not their on a call. This app would allow you to simply say "you look like an idiot, take the damn bluetooth headset off you freak."

Probably not possible, but I think that would be the best application known to man/woman in the BB universe.

Might be easy to connect because most of these idiots probably leave the security key as "0000".

Sorry if I have offended any in this forum that fit the idiot description above, but it is true, take out the damn headset!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #43
Jaime

Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdarden View Post
Okay, this is not really an email application, but maybe you fine folks at Link2 can figure this one out. It sounds like a joke, but I think it would be a great application.

Bluesnarfing application that gives you the ability to pair your device with a bluetooth headset and speak to the device. The reason someone would want to use this application is so they can connect to one of those idiots who walk around with their bluetooth earpiece in all the time regardless of whether or not their on a call. This app would allow you to simply say "you look like an idiot, take the damn bluetooth headset off you freak."

Probably not possible, but I think that would be the best application known to man/woman in the BB universe.

Might be easy to connect because most of these idiots probably leave the security key as "0000".

Sorry if I have offended any in this forum that fit the idiot description above, but it is true, take out the damn headset!
That would be a priceless app!!! I second that!!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #44
jjrr

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Definitely, this is a great idea!

The Link2 Team
Old 05-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #45
BES admin

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T
Default IMAP Client

How about a true IMAP client?

By "true," I mean:

1. Subscribe to folders
2. Move email between folders
3. Synchronize multiple folders
4. Add/Remove folders from the IMAP server and Handheld

...Basically what a desktop IMAP client does, not POP from an IMAP server.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #46
mishkautkin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: Cingular
Lightbulb I'd like to see Bank Statements on my blackberry...

you know how you can go though browser and see wachovia statement, it would be really cool to see it as a program so i don't have to go around and waste time logging in every time.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #47
Maverickster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Oh man, if you had a seemless, run-in-the-background type program that gave you a preview pane, HTML (sending and receiving, if possible), AND folders (to segregate BES/BIS email from one another as well as the other different types), I'm telling you, people would line up around the block, and I'd be at the front of the line!

--Mav
Old 05-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #48
mdlissner

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Just a front end to email that gave you easy sorting/foldering with the trackball (8800) would be great.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 05-13-2007, 05:59 AM   #49
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickster View Post
Oh man, if you had a seemless, run-in-the-background type program that gave you a preview pane, HTML (sending and receiving, if possible), AND folders (to segregate BES/BIS email from one another as well as the other different types), I'm telling you, people would line up around the block, and I'd be at the front of the line!

--Mav
This is definitely something to think about!

Thank you!

The Link2 Team
Old 05-18-2007, 01:02 PM   #50
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Time for an "out of left field!" suggestion from me. I would love to see more people such as your team join the LogicMail project (LogicMail for BlackBerry) and help Derek bring a full fledged IMAP client to the BB platform. Currently it can log in and view email, and Derek is working hard on SMTP support (code in SVN). It's a standard NetBeans based project, so anyone (on Windows who can install the BlackBerry JDE parts, which sadly is not me) can join and help with little effort. If you're a coder, of course.

For those of us *not* on BES, not having a true IMAP experience over BIS (like Chatter Email on the Treo) is a serious deal killer. Many people can't leave their Treos and come to the BlackBerry camp because of this, there are no solutions out there - trust me, I've spent hours looking. Push email over BIS does not give you all the folder usage you need that comes with IMAP.
I feel you! I am coming from chatter - huge fan (addicted to IMAP inbox with sub folder saved emails) and want this on my Pearl, why isnt this done on BIS???

How stable is the 5/7/2007 ota download for Logic Mail? Might want to try it. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #51
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES admin View Post
How about a true IMAP client?

By "true," I mean:

1. Subscribe to folders
2. Move email between folders
3. Synchronize multiple folders
4. Add/Remove folders from the IMAP server and Handheld

...Basically what a desktop IMAP client does, not POP from an IMAP server.

Thanks
Yes! and Yes!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #52
peter2007

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Snooze feature

OK this isn't an email feature but maybe it could be your next project ...

I have already been severely flamed (see the Curve forum) for even daring to suggest that the following is a problem, but for me (and I believe many other Outlook/BB users) it is ...

In the BB tasks and calendar, when a reminder comes up there is a snooze option (if enabled) but it only gives the option to snooze for one pre-defined period (set in the settings and the max is 30 minutes).

In Outlook (as you probably know) you can snooze for any period between 5 mins and I think 3 weeks. This is important as it enables you to give yourself a reminder say two weeks before a job is due, then snooze for say a week so you get another reminder. Or if say an appointment is at 2 pm you can get a reminder the afternoon before in case you forgot about the appointment (so you don't leave the vital file/presentation/gear at home, or if required forget to wear a tie, or dress down!), then snooze to say two hours before the appointment so that you can do that vital pre-meeting review, then 30 mins before the meeting so that you are reminded to get in a taxi.

Each snooze is two clicks.

Others (clearly) work differently. There is a school of thought that says that a snooze is a snooze not a night's sleep. But what works for me works for me, and I suspect others work this way too.

In BB it is of course possible to set multiple reminders (three times the work, and doesn't adjust to fit around your changing day unless you open and alter them as you go along); or you can just open them when they pop up and reset the reminder time, but that is fiddly and slower.

So how about an app that solves this problem. You'd have at least one customer!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #53
peter2007

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Snooze moved

An update on that last item, I see that my original Curve forum item has been rightly moved to the rants and raves forum ...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rant...n-act-now.html
Old 06-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #54
jjrr

Quote:

Hello,

we definitely agree on that!

The Link2 Team
Old 06-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #55
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter2007 View Post
OK this isn't an email feature but maybe it could be your next project ...

I have already been severely flamed (see the Curve forum) for even daring to suggest that the following is a problem, but for me (and I believe many other Outlook/BB users) it is ...

In the BB tasks and calendar, when a reminder comes up there is a snooze option (if enabled) but it only gives the option to snooze for one pre-defined period (set in the settings and the max is 30 minutes).

In Outlook (as you probably know) you can snooze for any period between 5 mins and I think 3 weeks. This is important as it enables you to give yourself a reminder say two weeks before a job is due, then snooze for say a week so you get another reminder. Or if say an appointment is at 2 pm you can get a reminder the afternoon before in case you forgot about the appointment (so you don't leave the vital file/presentation/gear at home, or if required forget to wear a tie, or dress down!), then snooze to say two hours before the appointment so that you can do that vital pre-meeting review, then 30 mins before the meeting so that you are reminded to get in a taxi.

Each snooze is two clicks.

Others (clearly) work differently. There is a school of thought that says that a snooze is a snooze not a night's sleep. But what works for me works for me, and I suspect others work this way too.

In BB it is of course possible to set multiple reminders (three times the work, and doesn't adjust to fit around your changing day unless you open and alter them as you go along); or you can just open them when they pop up and reset the reminder time, but that is fiddly and slower.

So how about an app that solves this problem. You'd have at least one customer!
Thank you for your suggestion,

this looks very interesting and we might implement this as well.

Have a great day!

The Link2 Team
Old 07-02-2007, 03:46 AM   #56
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG in SB View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

How about a little utility that will automatically do a "more all" command on mail items other than thos that sync to the Inbox. For example synced Sent Items that were originated from within Outlook and then came over to the BlackBerry.

That would be awesome.
Great idea!

Thank you..
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 AM   #57
packetknife

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

If this thread is still alive a few things to throw out there:

- I thought the HTML email issue was mostly a RIM/BES issue as they strip messages and have encoding restrictions.

- If the above is NOT the case then the ability to compose HTML email OR force ~real plaintext~ encoded emails would be nice.

- A theme view with one-line email previews would be nice.

- Integration with PGP and/or S/MIME that does not require a BES. And could work along-side the BES one if needed (so they don't clobber each other if you happen to have one BES supported and need the other too w/o BES components).

- "Search Folders" support, even placed on the main screen, where we can create 'virtual' folders for messages/items that meet our criteria. Like Outlooks 'Unread', 'All', etc. defaults plus the ones we all make. The ability to use our Outlook/Exchange ones would be even better.

-Pk
Old 07-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #58
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetknife View Post
If this thread is still alive a few things to throw out there:

- I thought the HTML email issue was mostly a RIM/BES issue as they strip messages and have encoding restrictions.

- If the above is NOT the case then the ability to compose HTML email OR force ~real plaintext~ encoded emails would be nice.

- A theme view with one-line email previews would be nice.

- Integration with PGP and/or S/MIME that does not require a BES. And could work along-side the BES one if needed (so they don't clobber each other if you happen to have one BES supported and need the other too w/o BES components).

- "Search Folders" support, even placed on the main screen, where we can create 'virtual' folders for messages/items that meet our criteria. Like Outlooks 'Unread', 'All', etc. defaults plus the ones we all make. The ability to use our Outlook/Exchange ones would be even better.

-Pk
Great feedback,

thank you so much!

The Link2 Team
Old 08-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #59
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I would like to see an e-mail scheduler which enables you to set up e-mails and schedule their release for a later time.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #60
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
I would like to see an e-mail scheduler which enables you to set up e-mails and schedule their release for a later time.
Hi there,

sounds definitely like an interesting idea. What would you plan to use this for, specifically?

Thank you so much for letting us know!

The Link2 Team