Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
deathbyart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default New Guy with One Q -

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Guys,
I am a fellow Mac user and have been for years. This is my first evening with a blackberry and so far it has been great. I was worried about using Pocketmac because of what I read, but it was free, so I had to try.

Everything worked like a champ from the word go. The only thing that affected me was the iCal times. On my 8320 the times for meetings are one hour prior than what I set them.

I checked the time zones, the apple is set at central (I am in Dallas) and the BB is set at Cnetral America (-6). Is this not correct? What am I missing?

Thank You,
-K
Old 05-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
adorkable
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Ask.

It could be a DST issue. That's the only thing I can think of.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
afterhours
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 812-
PIN: N/A
Carrier: SunCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyart View Post
Hey Guys,
I am a fellow Mac user and have been for years. This is my first evening with a blackberry and so far it has been great. I was worried about using Pocketmac because of what I read, but it was free, so I had to try.

Everything worked like a champ from the word go. The only thing that affected me was the iCal times. On my 8320 the times for meetings are one hour prior than what I set them.

I checked the time zones, the apple is set at central (I am in Dallas) and the BB is set at Cnetral America (-6). Is this not correct? What am I missing?

Thank You,
-K
There is a known daylight savings issue (that should not be affecting you now that we are past that window). The issue hasn't yet been resolved fully, but there was a DST patch for your phone available from RIM IIRC.

Contact RIM directly with your experience after you check this out. Let them know if things remain broken for you.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
deathbyart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thank you for the heads up. I will do so tomorrow.

Honestly, I just went around it by scheduling everything an hour ahead on the mini.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
adorkable
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Ask.

Hey, if it works, it works.
Closed Thread