BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
miakeru

Model: 7250
Default New Verizon 7250.. trouble charging.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I just bought a new BB 7250 the other day and have been having issues charging it. I think I have only once been able to acheive a full charge (lightning bolt disappears) on the unit but have tried multiple times. This last time I left my BB plugged in to the wall charger for about ten hours and woke up to discover the battery was cool and the bolt was still appearing on the screen.

My last charge lasted me about half of a day, with very limited phone or application usage.

Could this be a faulty battery, wall charger, or both? Should I take the unit back?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
fireman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

something is wrong. take it back and get a new battery and charger.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
miakeru

Model: 7250

After going back to the store and being told that they don't handle battery issues, I called the data technical services number provided by the bitter representative in the location. I went outside to call and was walked through some things while they called back the location I was at and had them to a battery charge check on my unit.

Apparently my batter is 'over-charging' which sounds pretty scary. At least there will be no equipment damage from it, supposedly.

The Verizon store doesn't carry any extra batteries in the store, so I had to have one shipped to me (I have to pay for the shipping) and I figured that I might as well upgrade to the extended battery.

What I might do in the next day or so is call and see if I can get the shipping fee waived or something. I DID receive faulty hardware, so why should I have to pay to get it fixed? Seems kind of strange, especially since the stores apparently don't carry replacements for PDA-type things.
Closed Thread