Old 02-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #21
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
The conversations look similar. The real cool thing is that with the Treo there is only one message that keeps getting added to and re-forwarded. If you look at a conversation on the BB and want to save it, it's 20 or 30 (or more) separate messages in the message folder. On the Treo it's just one. So much better for archiving and searching. The format during the conversation is better on the Treo also, but that's a minor thing.
you hit the nail on the head. My wife just wants sms for talking with me no internet or email. She tryed the pearl and the Palm centro in the store last night. She prefers the pearl for the way it feels in her hand an to her ear but we don't know if we can get a just texting plan on the pearl like you can on the centro. This is a huge downer for bb as they could compete better if they wouldn't have to twist people into the full 30 bucks and on sprint at least let them have the 10 unlimited texting like the centro does. The sales guy told us both phones we could add the full internet to get the better starting price and then after 30 days drop it and just add texting . I don't think he knows what he is talking about I was always told you had to have the full plan for the pearl. I think I am going to call sprint today and ask to double check.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #22
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcarbone View Post
when you go into the SMS messaging option on the Treo, it doesnt have 400 texts that you have to sift through, i jus has a list of conversations, I would actuaqly compare it to BBMessenger. It is set up the exact same way as that, without the contact list separate from the address book.Its set up as a conversation, compared to the BBs messaging, where it just adds the last xx messages to the newest one.
The nice thing here is you can just pick up a converstation at anytime. You might have been talking about cars and then you look down and your buddy started talking about gadgets. You just start replying and it''s one big scrolling message. On top of this you get the ability to have 4 different conversations going witch is really nice .
Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #23
muck
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: optus

understood!
i can see how that would be appealling hahaha!

lucky i havent been spoilt by the treo
Old 04-13-2008, 11:12 PM   #24
jerseykat1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

i have a 755p and i must say this feature is to die for. i cant wait for palm to create a new OS and get thier bluetooth issues resolved. when they do i will have to rejoin the palm family. only reason i switched to BB becaus the palm OS becomes unstable when you add some thirdparty apps and the bluetooth just sucks. i have a mogul as well and its a nice phone but its too big and that sliding keyboard crap just sucks. if there was a WM Treo without the big antenna for sprint i would have gone that route. but i have fallen in love with the pearl so WM just won't do it anymore.
its a BB for me until palm gets it together. as long as thier new phone doesnt look like the centro, thats not attactive. 755p fits my hand like a glove.

after using WM, palm OS, and BB.
most reliable BB (gets the job done every time and sure type is really good)
most customizable WM (tons of great apps avail)
easiest to use Palm OS (very simple and intuative)
sorry for mini review, but i am bored.
ps mogul and 755p are for sale.

Last edited by jerseykat1; 04-13-2008 at 11:17 PM..
Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #25
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykat1 View Post
i have a 755p and i must say this feature is to die for. i cant wait for palm to create a new OS and get thier bluetooth issues resolved. when they do i will have to rejoin the palm family. only reason i switched to BB becaus the palm OS becomes unstable when you add some thirdparty apps and the bluetooth just sucks. i have a mogul as well and its a nice phone but its too big and that sliding keyboard crap just sucks. if there was a WM Treo without the big antenna for sprint i would have gone that route. but i have fallen in love with the pearl so WM just won't do it anymore.
its a BB for me until palm gets it together. as long as thier new phone doesnt look like the centro, thats not attactive. 755p fits my hand like a glove.

after using WM, palm OS, and BB.
most reliable BB (gets the job done every time and sure type is really good)
most customizable WM (tons of great apps avail)
easiest to use Palm OS (very simple and intuative)
sorry for mini review, but i am bored.
ps mogul and 755p are for sale.
I have to agree. The blackberry os just works. The palm os can have its bugs. I might just get a centro for the wife and the 8330 when its out for me. I really wish someone could tap this market for a thread sms program for blackberry.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #26
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Anybody find a good sms program yet? I really wish we could find a developer to step up and make a sms program like the Treos.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #27
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

search is still on for great sms threaded messaging.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 AM   #28
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

what is the use for such a software i dont understand what it does.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #29
JackG058
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ney for your thoughts
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
what is the use for such a software i dont understand what it does.
As an earlier poster said, imagine having your SMS texting look more in the format of BBM. It is far easier to keep track of heavy texting with threaded. For a light texter, it's probably not a big deal, but when heavy texting the conversation style mode is so much nicer. I'm a new convert to BB, but here I am searching for answers to threaded texting. That's the one weakness I have found with my BlackBerry, coming from the Palm world.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #30
ashturner

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

search 3jam
from what i see, i know it's 20 bucks but it's not that bad? i'm using it right now.
Closed Thread