Old 04-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #61
melodious
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Bad number from ATT

Please Login to Remove!

So the number ATT gave me to contact RIM is an ATT wireless services number. Useless.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #62
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I just checked mine again, less than one minute. I know I called RIM before, not for this but I contacted VZW and spoke with a supervisor and demanded I speak with RIM and they put me through, if this helps.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #63
melodious

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

I just saw on an RSS feed that BB has introduced official BB Community Support forums. Maybe would get noticed by RIM if we start posting there?

BlackBerry® Support Community Forums - BlackBerry® Support Community Forums
Old 04-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #64
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Gator, yes...that is what I received after sending mail to that address. Not sure if anything will happen though as that is all that was stated in the email.

Curious...what BIS server is everyone on? I'd expect a lot more discussion about this elsewhere...perhaps something with the server we/I use? I am on "GBISXNAC02S09"

melidious...I posted there too. Not worth the time or effort IMO.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #65
Eric025

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVR6 View Post
Curious...what BIS server is everyone on? I'd expect a lot more discussion about this elsewhere...perhaps something with the server we/I use? I am on "GBISXNAC02S09"
My Yahoo account is on 06.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #66
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Gator, yes...that is what I received after sending mail to that address. Not sure if anything will happen though as that is all that was stated in the email.

melidious...I posted there too. Not worth the time or effort IMO.

How can I find out what BIS server I am on???

Ok, I just got the same message. I does say that if we want to follow-up to reply to the email we received, quoting our reference number... so maybe if this situation is not resolve soon... we should all reply to the email we got asking to at least tell us what the problem is and when they expect to have it fixed... we are now Wednesday and the problems started over the weekend... I did not get a blackberry to get emails whenever they decide to come in.

I used to leave work and send an email to my wife asking when she was leaving work and get her response within 2 minutes, but now I cant even do that anymore because by the time I get her reply I'm already home!

Also, I'm experiencing significant delays sending emails from my BB today... up to 1 hour before it reaches the inbox. However, unlike others, my BB will sync with my inbox within 1 hour...
Old 04-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #67
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Gator....I totally agree!

To get your server (although, I am not sure everyone posting their server will prove anything just looking for any cooincidence)...

Go to: 'Options' --> 'Mobile Network'
Click your menu button and select 'Diagnostics Test'
Click Menu again and click 'Run'
Old 04-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #68
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Gator....I totally agree!

To get your server (although, I am not sure everyone posting their server will prove anything just looking for any cooincidence)...

Go to: 'Options' --> 'Mobile Network'
Click your menu button and select 'Diagnostics Test'
Click Menu again and click 'Run'
Red -- I'm on the same server as you...

I'm a bit confused with the results of the diagnostics test...

Radio data activation: yes
ICMP ping echo: yes
Blackberry registration: no
Connected to blackberry: no
Blackberry PIN-PIN: no
Connected to (my email address): no

And after running this test, I got a registration message from blackberry...

Do you see anything wrong with these results??? Especially where it says 'no'.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #69
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

I run another diagnostics test right after the first one.. some results have changes, such as:

Blackberry registration: yes
Connected to blackberry: yes
Blackberry PIN-PIN: yes

but still says no for Connected to (my email address): no
Old 04-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #70
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

and now it sent an email from myself to myself with the subject line: $RemoveOnDelivery, SupressSaveInSentItem, self ping email...

What is that?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #71
RedVR6
Thumbs Must Hurt

If I am not mistaken (please correct me if I am wrong) it just an email to yourself to show that things are working.

All my diags read the same...connected to everything but Yahoo...and I know I have been connected to it before.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #72
ajkohn2001

Model: 8300

I got the same Customer Support ticket after emailing Blackberry help but haven't heard anything else since.

I'm on Server GBISXNACO105. What about the BIS version, would that matter?

And my diagnostic also says connected to [email address]: no

I'm still getting delays in email delivery and no two-way sync. Let's keep the pressure up and keep emailing and calling. Squeaky wheels and all that.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #73
tommyticketguy

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I sent three consecutive emails and received 2 replies that have a reference number in the subject. The way I see it, RIM has changed the method in which it checks email on yahoo and other third party email apps. Whether this was changed by design or they are experiencing issues is the 1 million dollar question. I would not expect any resolution anytime soon.

The fact that it has been dragging on for multiple days leads me to speculate the days of instant sync for my Yahoo Plus account may be over. I mean if this is a known issue and they are working on the fix they should have communicated that to end users or carriers by now. I am sure they are getting inundated with calls and emails about this problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Tommy Ticket Guy
Old 04-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #74
TL_Gator
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyticketguy View Post
I sent three consecutive emails and received 2 replies that have a reference number in the subject. The way I see it, RIM has changed the method in which it checks email on yahoo and other third party email apps. Whether this was changed by design or they are experiencing issues is the 1 million dollar question. I would not expect any resolution anytime soon.

The fact that it has been dragging on for multiple days leads me to speculate the days of instant sync for my Yahoo Plus account may be over. I mean if this is a known issue and they are working on the fix they should have communicated that to end users or carriers by now. I am sure they are getting inundated with calls and emails about this problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Tommy Ticket Guy
Let's keep the pressure on!

I don't see why they would change the way yahoo mail is received when many carriers (e.g. Rogers here in Canada) explicitely advertises on their site that yahoo mail is instant push...

If everyone is seeing (when running a diagnostic test) that is says no for connection to email address, and as stated by RED that it used to say yes... then that change seems to be the issue at hand...
Old 04-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #75
tommyticketguy

I never checked that in the past but it is displayed as not connected now. You would think that the fact it reads not connected would mean I would not get any yahoo emails to my BB but I am getting them but very sporadically and in some cases hours and hours late.

Why wouldn't RIM acknowledge the issue by now or communicate the issue to VZW, ATT,TMO and the like ??
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #76
ajkohn2001

Has anyone tried calling the Blackberry number on the customer ticket?

I'm not sure they're inundated yet because it's freaking hard to figure out who to talk to in the first place. I suspect they're just now understanding that there's a problem and likely are trying to replicate the problem themselves so they can fix it. (I PRAY this is what they're doing.)

I doubt highly that RIM or Yahoo! can afford to not make this work. Yahoo ... well, Yahoo doesn't need more bad press right now. And there are A LOT of BB/Yahoo users and might push folks to another device. Again, not in their best interests.

In addition, the fact that Yahoo Mail PLUS is not working is the key for me in believing there is a problem and it can be fixed. If it were only effecting free accounts then I could believe that Yahoo was forcing folks to PLUS and make some money but ... that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #77
ajkohn2001

Tommy,

Not sure BB knows what's going on right now and they're likely not going to call carriers and tell them there is an unspecified problem with no current solution. They'll call carriers and tell them when the problem has been resolved.

Carriers might call BB if enough people swamp carrier support. But man, I spent an hour with one last night and they're just reading the same BB guide stuff. "Did you make sure this is checked?" "Have you checked Email Reconciliation Options?" "Have you removed Service Book and then resent it?" After that ... nothing left in the tank.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #78
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, yesterday I reported no problems. Today, I have started to get the delays, and sometimes i get messages twice. I resent the service books, and it downloaded every email I got since i created the account. Its a new account, so there were only about 300 emails, but it shouldn't do that at all.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #79
tommyticketguy

I too was on with VZW three times yesterday and they all claim they know of no issue and had not had any customer reports of the same nature. I find that hard to believe since it is affecting so many users.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #80
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just deleted the account from BIS, resent service books, and the readded the account. We'll see what happens.
Closed Thread